La vita è bella Life is beautiful by…

La vita è bella Life is beautiful (edition 1999)

by Roberto Benigni (Director / Actor)

2681076,408 (4)3
A charming but bumbling waiter who's gifted with a colorful imagination and an irresistible sense of humor has won the heart of the woman he loves and has created a beautiful life for his young family. Then that life is threatened by World War II.
Member:hermanm
Title:La vita è bella Life is beautiful
Authors:Roberto Benigni
Info:Burbank, Calif. : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, [1999].

Life Is Beautiful [1997 film] by Roberto Benigni (Director / Actor)

Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman (lucyknows)
    lucyknows: Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman may be paired with Roberto Benigni film Life is Beautiful. The themes connecting these two are Nazi Germany, father son relationship, concentration camps

Original title: La vita è bella (Italian with English subtitles)
When an open-minded Jewish librarian and his son become victims of the Holocaust, he uses a perfect mixture of will, humor, and imagination to protect his son from the dangers around their camp.
Rated PG-13 for holocaust-related thematic elements
  SITAG_Family | Jul 19, 2021 |
A boy's father convinces him that a Nazi concentration camp is an elaborate game.

I had forgotten how good this movie is; if you haven't seen it since the 90s like I hadn't, do yourself a favor and remind yourself. Apparently a comedy about the holocaust can be funny after all.

Concept: B
Music: C

Enjoyment: A

GPA: 3.4/4 ( )
  comfypants | Feb 9, 2016 |
This was just a horrible movie in my opinion. I cannot even begin to mention how upset I was and disappointed by the reviews. "Life is Beautiful" is a misnomer. Once you are in a concentration camp, life cannot be beautiful again until you leave. The Holocaust is NOT FUNNY. Leave it to a Gentile... a CATHOLIC (from what I've read)... to turn a tragedy into a comedy.

I cannot believe this was a movie required for conversion.
  melsmarsh | Feb 16, 2013 |
NO OF PAGES: 0 SUB CAT I: Fiction SUB CAT II: Holocaust SUB CAT III: DESCRIPTION: A charming but bumbling waiter who's gifted with a colorful imagination and an irresistible sense of humor-has won the heart of the woman he loves and created a beautiful life for his young family. But then, that life is threatened by WWII, and Guido mustNOTES: SUBTITLE:
  BeitHallel | Feb 28, 2011 |

Ferri, Eldasecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Maris, Ettasecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paredes, Marisasecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Taruschio, LisaTranslatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

the wikipedia page for the film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Is_...

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,481,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible