The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo…

The Last Letter from Your Lover (2010)

by Jojo Moyes

More than forty years after a car accident causes Jennifer Stirling to lose her memory on the day she planned to leave her husband for a mysterious lover, journalist Ellie becomes obsessed by the story and seeks the truth in the hopes of revitalizing her career.

English (72)  German (3)  All languages (75)
One of the few books that made me cry like a little girl and made me wonder about whether I've made the right choices in life... ( )
  InnahLovesYou | Apr 18, 2019 |
Jennifer Stirling's 1960's doomed love affair resurfaces in 2003 when Ellie Haworth finds a lost love letter and traces it back to Jennifer. Ellie is herself involved in an affair with a married man. She puts her own love life in perspective as she unravels the mystery of the lost love letter. It is a story of a love that endured in spite of much adversity. I enjoyed how Moyes intertwined the romances even though they were removed from one another by four decades.
  Rdglady | Nov 20, 2018 |
This is another good, pleasant read by an author who knows how to write about romance and love without over dramatizing and being sappy.

This is a story of a woman who lives in the lap of luxury, but is very unhappy because of her cold, harsh husband.
She meets a man, falls in love.. Has a difficult time making a decision to leave. When she awakes in a hospital bed, she cannot remember things that occurred in recent months or years.

When she arrives back home, she tries to fit into a group of friends of whom she has little recollection. And, she finds letters that are hidden in various places throughout her house. A lovely, and sad letter in a book. Then, more equally loving. Slowly she knows that she loved someone else but knows someone else died in the car accident that occurred before her hospital visit. Who died? Was it her lover?

While this isn't stellar, it picked up mid way and I was compelled to finish the book.

Easy to read.

Three Stars
  Whisper1 | Oct 7, 2018 |
I absolutely loved this book!! I am not big into romance novels but this definatley kept your attention. It was hard for me to put it down being that I wanted to know what happened to them next. It has a happy ending after tugging at your heart through the whole book. I was greatly impressed and thought this book as a lot better than what I had expected. It really makes me take a step back and look at how lines of communication have really fallen and it would be very rare in this day and age for a love letter to be written or even mailed. ( )
  Chelz286 | Aug 26, 2018 |
Liked, didn't love. Fun escapist read, but really a little too filled with near-misses and coincidence for me, and the ending was a bit cheesetastic. ( )
  GaylaBassham | May 27, 2018 |
To Charles, who started it all with a paper message
She's waking up.

It is 1960. When Jennifer Stirling wakes up in the hospital, she can remember nothing-not the tragic car accident that put her there, not her husband, not even who she is. She feels like a stranger in her own life until she stumbles upon an impassioned letter, signed simply "B", asking her to leave her husband.

Years later, in 2003, a journalist named Ellie discovers the same enigmatic letter in a forgotten file in her newspaper's archives. She becomes obsessed by the story and hopeful that it can resurrect her faltering career. Perhaps if these lovers had a happy ending she will find one to her own complicated love life, too. Ellie's search will rewrite history and help her see the truth about her own modern romance.

A spellbinding, intoxicating love story with a knockout ending, The Last Letter from Your Lover will appeal to the readers who have made One Day and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society bestsellers.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,086,322 books! | Top bar: Always visible