In the Wild by David Elliott

In the Wild

by David Elliott

I thought this book was extremely cute. I love the word choice the author decided to use. There is a lot of descriptive text that believe keeps the story very interesting. I love how it talks about many different animals. Overall, I believe this is a great book for students. ( )
  arizzo | Nov 15, 2018 |
I like this book because it was poems about wild animals. I especially liked the one about the Giraffe. It is a nickname given to me by my best friends a long time ago. I embraced the name and it says that they are show-stoppers... YES I AM!! My friends will agree I am a show-stopper with my crazy antics. I think this is a great books for young children to use to make poems. I would have this book in my classroom library and present it inside a lesson too. ( )
  Ashley.Miller | Nov 15, 2018 |
A collection of poems of different wild animals some a little sad. because they are true. Other funny because they are also true. ( )
  darianskie | Oct 3, 2018 |
In the Wild is a poetry book that describes the mannerisms of animals in wildlife in rhyme. In the classroom, this book can be used as an introduction to a study on different animals that we have experienced in our lifetime, or maybe before a field trip to the Zoo to have a better idea of what these animals are.
  faithvldz | Aug 12, 2018 |
Illustrated poetry book describing animals around the world.
  MeaghanRyan | Dec 10, 2017 |

The stellar team who brought us On the Farm present a companion book evoking creatures of the wild in simple, clever poems and vibrant woodcuts.

From the lion standing alone on the African savannah to the panda in a bamboo forest, from the rhinoceros with its boot-like face to the Arctic polar bear disappearing in the snow, the earth is full of curious and wonderful animals, each more extraordinary than the next. David Elliott’s pithy, lyrical verse and Holly Meade’s stunning woodcut and watercolor illustrations reveal a world of remarkable beauty and wonder — and offer an enticing introduction to both favorite animals and poetic forms.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:13 -0400)

A woodcut-illustrated collection of poems that celebrates wild animals.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,792,004 books! | Top bar: Always visible