If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon

If Tomorrow Comes (original 1985; edition 1988)

by Sidney Sheldon (Author)

Series: Tracy Whitney (1)

2,202295,714 (3.75)17
Lovely, idealistic Tracy Whitney is framed into a fifteen year sentence in an escape-proof penitentiary. With dazzling ingenuity she fights back to destroy the untouchable crime lords who put her there. With her intelligence and beauty as her only weapons, Tracy embarks on a series of extraordinary escapades that sweep her across the globe. In an explosive confrontation Tracy meets her equal in irresistible Jeff Stevens, whose past is as colorful as Tracy's.… (more)
Member:Egoe
Title:If Tomorrow Comes
Authors:Sidney Sheldon (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (1988), 416 pages

Work Information

If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon (1985)

author showing off -- 50 ways to plan your heist ( )
  rosies | Apr 29, 2022 |
An awesome start to a great series... ( )
  volfy | Jun 26, 2021 |
I now see why Sydney Sheldon was a famous author. :-)

This book has it all: a great protagonist you really want to succeed (a believable female protagonist), lots of adventures, outsmarting the bad guys, a romance that you really like.....

It starts out with a woman who is accused (falsely) of theft. There's a pretty gritty description of her time in jail, but then, as long as everybody already thinks she is a criminal, well, she might as well be one--and she'll be one of the most ingenious in history, but with a strong Robin Hood complex as well. (Without that she'd be, frankly, a *lot* less likable.) ( )
  garyrholt | Nov 5, 2020 |
Just OK....no real suspense, the protagonist was basically invincible. ( )
1 vote ko40370 | Jan 10, 2020 |
I've seen the miniseries If Tomorrow Comes several times and I have read this book many years ago. But I wanted to read this book again since I've planned to read the sequel by Tilly Bagshawe. It's just been a couple of months since I saw the miniseries last, so my memory is quite fresh when it comes to the story. I must confess that I do prefer the miniseries, but I still love this book and they have made a very good job with the miniseries because most of the story is there from the book. Of course, there are some differences. Like for instance, Tracy meeting Jeff in the beginning of the miniseries instead on the train in the book. I much prefer how they first met in the miniseries, it feels more like fate than the one in the book. There are things like that in the book, like more heists, more dialog, and a different ending. But it works, the book is terrific and Sheldon really knew how to write an engaging story about a woman who after being framed fights back against those that framed her and then became a brilliant thief. It's just great fun to read this book, well the prison part is not so fun.

In Swedish, the title is Tracy's Hämnd, Tracy's revenge, but I kind of prefer the English title since there is a point towards the end when the title get's its explanation. And, that is such a wonderful moment.

A wonderful book made into a great miniseries with a very sexy young Tom Berenger!

MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
For Barry with love
She undressed slowly, dreamily, and when she was naked, she selected a bright red negligee to wear so that the blood would not show.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,933,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible