Absolute Kingdom Come by Mark Waid

Absolute Kingdom Come

by Mark Waid (Writer), Alex Ross (Illustrator)

I like these monumental works that deconstruct and reconfigure the canonical comic universe. If nothing else, reading them makes me feel like I'm keeping tabs. Ten years ago, "Kingdom Come" imagines our present, with Superman in exile, meta-humans running rampant, and apocalypse imminent. A preacher, accompanied by an archangel (the Spectre? Raguel?) watches, and is asked to judge.

I first read a Spectre comic when I was kid, purchased it in a plastic-bound set at some truck stop during a family camping trip. The character was compellingly enigmatic, and I like to see that continuing. I find that much more appealing than the idea that Superman and Wonder Woman are going to have a child that Batman will be responsible for raising. ( )
3 vote yarmando | Nov 2, 2006 |

Waid, MarkWriterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ross, AlexIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
This is the Absolute edition of Kingdom Come. Please do not combine with the standard version, prose version or audiobook version. Thanks.

Written by MARK WAID Art and Cover by ALEX ROSS Now back in print! The unforgettable, best-selling miniseries by acclaimed writer Mark Waid and superstar painter Alex Ross returns, with a sketchbook section, annotations on the series, rare art and more! Advance solicited - On sale JANUARY 25 - 8.25" x 12.5", 340 pg, FC, $99.99 US

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,091,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible