William F. Buckley Jr. : Christian…

William F. Buckley Jr. : Christian encounters

by Jeremy Lott

16None611,141 (3.67)None

William F. Buckley by Jeremy Lott
I received this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers to read and review on Booksneeze. The opinions are my own.
This is a very interesting book about William F. Buckley (1925-2008) and portions of his life. It has politics, religion, magazines, history and the United States of America among other interesting facts that surrounded the life of Buckley. The contacts this man had in his lifetime were a range of people and their beliefs; some very controversial. His family and religion (Roman Catholic) were a major part of his life as well as his magazine (The National Review), his TV show (Firing Line on PBS) and political beliefs.
There are many political names in this book: The Kennedys, President Richard Nixon, President Gerald Ford and other political figures that helped make history. I had forgotten that President Nixon was a Quaker and it was just mentioned on FOX the other day.
The book is a small paperback that holds a wealth of information. A good book for a discussion group and especially during an election year.
Leona Olson ( )
  mnleona | Aug 22, 2010 |
We are in danger of going mad, and I take the liberty of declaring madness to be un-American. - William F. Buckley Jr., speech at the New Yorker Hotel, May 7, 1958
I ... told him that vaticide was the act of killing a prophet, and that if he wanted to go down as guilty of that crime, all he had to do was kill me. - William F. Buckley Jr., letter to President Reagan, June 28, 1987
To Andrew and, especially, Laura Lott. Welcome to the family.
Washington DC every February is host to a conference of unlikely activists that is known by its acronym: CPAC.

1 avail.2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,408,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible