Kiss at Your Own Risk by Stephanie Rowe

Kiss at Your Own Risk

by Stephanie Rowe

Series: Soulfire (1)

He needed a killer woman ... Blaine Underhill is one lucky man after having recently escaped a century and a half of imprisonment at the hands of an evil witch. Now he's determined to save his still-enslaved friend, but in order to do so, he'll need the help of one of the world's most lethal women ... She was drop dead gorgeous, literally ... Trinity Harpswell is sick and tired of being a Black Widow. Having managed to go three years without accidentally killing anyone she loves, she's one short week away from freeing herself from this killer curse forever. When Blaine tracks her down and convinces her to help him, little does Trinity know that the next seven days are going to be murder!… (more)

I really hate angelica's character. ( )
  audraelizabeth | Aug 28, 2019 |
Stephanie Rowe has been on my Authors-to-check out list for years, so when Sourcebooks offered this one for free, I snagged it up.
And I am glad I did. This book starts with action, and it doesn’t slow down. But the reason I loved this book was the characters. The characters were a mix of good sides, and bad sides. Their goals were grounded in their pasts. In a way, all the goals made sense, even though their methods might be frowned upon. Both Blaine and Tracy were a bit homicidal, but they fit. In fact, I loved how Blaine saw Tracy’s homicidal tendencies as a sign of love.
I am really glad that I picked up this book, and I’ll definitely pick up the next book in the series.
  Mikaela_l | Sep 21, 2013 |
This was a fun, quirky book that will have you laughing out loud in several spots. Every time I start one of Stephanie Rowe's books, I know I am going to get transported to a completely different world from anything I have read before. The characters are each so unique that I couldn't wait to turn to the next page to see what awaited me. This story is action packed, humorous and addicting! I can't wait to read the rest of the series!! Definitely recommend for anyone who likes paranormal and fun reads! ( )
  hcollins | Aug 10, 2013 |
The hint that this is not going to be the book I usually come across was right there in the first sentence I read: "he knew tonight wasn't the night he was going to get his newest cross-stitching tapestry finished..."

No, you did not understand it wrong. Alexander Blaine Underhill III, our main hero, likes to cross-stitch.
Why? There has to be some rational expalantion?
Well, of course there is. :p
He was imprisoned by the black witch in the Den of Womanly Pursuits for more than three hundred years. The evil witch (who by the way is Death's granma also) tried to emasculate him so she could control him.
But did learning to cross-stitch hinder Blaine? No, he is one mean-lean-killing machine.
And the first thing he plans to do now that he is free, is to kill the witch who kept him prisoner. To be able to do that he needs to enlist a help of reluctant black widow Trinity Harpswell, defeat hordes of schnoodemgons (poodles demons dragons mix monsters), act like a brute so Trinity does not fall in love and kill him, escape the witch who is trying to catch him again, defeat hired assain Oh Shit It's Augustus, catch cameleon monster that is killing people in the city and save his best friend from certain death.
Peace of cake!

If Monty Python's ever decided to write a paranormal romance novel, this is how I imagine it would turn out. Situations and characters are border-line absurd most of the time, but somehow [a:Stephanie Rowe|19729|Stephanie Rowe|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1331008736p2/19729.jpg] managed to make it work. ( )
  bookwormdreams | Apr 10, 2013 |
Trinity has a difficult time with love. Whenever a certain someone comes along and strikes her fancy, the Black Widow within kicks into high gear, and before she knows it … they’re dead. Luckily, Trinity has discovered a way to break this frustrating curse and reclaim her life: simply do not kill for five years. Sounds simple enough right? Unfortunately, with one week to go, Trinity is pulled into chaos by Blaine Underhill. Blaine is looking for a Black Widow to kill Angelina. Angelina runs the Den of Womanly Pursuits, a place where men are tortured and demeaned in order to train them to be good men. This den has been running for over 100 years but it’s time for its doors to close…

Kiss At Your Own Risk is hilarious, thrilling, incredibly interesting and very well thought-out. This is not your typical paranormal romance. 4/5.

http://www.read-all-over.net/fiction/paranormal-romance/kiss-at-your-own-risk-by... ( )
  eireannoir | Apr 14, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,486,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible