Mirror Image by Danielle Steel

Mirror Image (1998)

by Danielle Steel

When World War I breaks out, the adventurous New York heiress, Victoria, is prevented from taking part because she is married. So she changes places with her lookalike sister, Olivia, who is a homely type. Everything works, until Olivia falls in love.

This could be my favorite Danielle Steele book ever written! I love the dicotemy of the hopeless romantic, Olivia, and the adventurous, Victoria. Their decisions are not always the most conventional and I had to get past some of them. But I found myself engrossed in their stories. I was rooting for them to get everything they wanted and I was devestated by their losses. Such passion and suspense! One of the best historical fictions I've found! ( )
  dms12880 | Nov 29, 2018 |
Very good book although a bit unbelievable at times. Really enjoyed it. ( )
  soosthemoose | Sep 27, 2015 |
Mirror Image by Danielle Steel
Olivia and Victoria Hendersen were identical twins and their father was the only adult remaining to care for them. He had them on the estate north of NYC
Olivia was the homebody and helped with paperwork for the house and business. Victoria is the wild child. She last took the car and taught herself to drive it. Last Olivia had seen her Victoria had a cigarette and she was driving.
They loved confusing others so they dressed the same everyday. Charles is their fathers new accountant and he has one small boy after he lost his wife on the Titanic.
The girls are to travel to the city and stay while their father worked. Olivia has taken a liking to Charles and Victoria has noticed and is already thinking of things she can do to break them up, even though they are not together.
One wants to marry and take care of their father and the other wants to make a difference in the world. Their time in the city has its moments with balls and dances. Victoria is in love and has sex with a married man and she hopes he will divorce his wife and take her to exotic places.
The scandal their father learns about and they leave to go back home where he has set up his lawyer to marry Victoria. He needs a wife and a mother for his child. But Olivia is the one who is love with him.
The sisters would never sleep together in the same room again-their bond is breaking with Victoria's wedding. Victoria wants to help women in any way she can and when war breaks out on her honeymoon she does not want to desert the women in harms way.
Olivia is back in NY on the estate taking care of Jeffrey and her father.
Olivia helps her sister cope with her new life...
  jbarr5 | May 18, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this book. How twins will do anything for each other. I cried, and laughed, all in the same chapter. ( )
1 vote huronlady | Feb 22, 2009 |
Danielle Steel is one of my mom's favorite authors, but I'd never given her a chance because I had better stuff to read than chick flicks. This was surprisingly easy to read and rather interesting. I'll check out more of her stuff. ( )
1 vote neurotoxicdoll | Feb 8, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,371,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible