Divergent (Divergent Series, 1) by Veronica…

Divergent (Divergent Series, 1) (original 2011; edition 2014)

by Veronica Roth (Author), Nicolas Delort (Photographer)

Series: Divergent (1)

20,6301373157 (4)747
Member:TheGingerLibrarian
Title:Divergent (Divergent Series, 1)
Authors:Veronica Roth (Author)
Other authors:Nicolas Delort (Photographer)
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2014), Edition: 1, 576 pages

Work Information

Divergent by Veronica Roth (2011)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (foggidawn, readr, Tsana, frankiejones, al.vick)
    readr: Both stories feature a young woman fighting to survive in a brutal situation.
    Tsana: Similar dystopian teenager must fight the system YA book.
    Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (bookwyrmm, reconditereader, LAKobow)
    reconditereader: Young adults seize control in a dystopian society
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (varsha1010)
    Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (kaledrina)
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore (hairball)
    hairball: Young women rebelling against their prescribed role.
    Unwind by Neal Shusterman (anytsuj)
    Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (PghDragonMan)
    PghDragonMan: A rigidly enforced class structure, with everyone happy in their class, makes for a utopian dream . . . Doesn't it?
    Blood Red Road by Moira Young (avalon_today)
    Wither by Lauren DeStefano (kaledrina)
    Across the Universe by Beth Revis (KaiaRose)
    Allegiant by Veronica Roth (catlover99)
    catlover99: The final book in the Divergent trilogy.
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth (catlover99)
    catlover99: The sequel to Divergent and the second book in the trilogy
    Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Jen7waters)
    Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Morteana)
    The Moon Dwellers by David Estes (murphyrules)
    murphyrules: If you love dystopian young adult series with a strong female heroine, then these are your books!
    Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (jennrenae)
    The Killables by Gemma Malley (generalkala)
    Waterbound by Jane Stemp (MyopicBookworm)
    Secondborn by Amy A. Bartol (wordcauldron)
    burners (Volume 1) by Bob Mayer (LongDogMom)

English (1,352)  German (6)  Spanish (5)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (1,369)
9788427201187
  archivomorero | Jun 27, 2022 |
FANTASTIC! I'm very excited about where this series(?) is going. I loved the characters and was totally swept up in the whole story. I never thought about the author and how she was connected or heard her voice, it was all about the story. Those who enjoyed "The Hunger Games" trilogy would like this as well. Can't wait for the next book!!

2015 UPDATE: Re-reading it but as an audio CD whilst traveling for work and hockey. I still love this series and have introduced it to my kids via movie, but to be honest, those have sucked so far. I was so disappointed in the movie Insurgent, that this was my first choice when visiting the library. I know I won't get credit for reading it again, but it is so good! FINISHED IT AGAIN! I think I enjoy listening to books that I have already read; plus it is safer for me while driving....Love this world Veronica has created. ( )
  BarbF410 | May 22, 2022 |
The end was a bit too chaotic for me but that's okay ( )
  Pepper-Pig | Apr 24, 2022 |
Source: Library (OverDrive Audio)

This one is hard for me to rate, and review. While I enjoyed the story I never really felt anything. I love when you get drawn into the pages, and become part of the story, and this one didn't do that. That said I loved the world-building, and there was plenty of action and trials to keep me entertained.

I first wanted to give this four stars, but since it didn't make me feel anything, I can only give 3, an average rating. ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
Fantastic. Best dystopian book I've read this year. ( )
  xofelf | Apr 5, 2022 |

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Koob-Pawis, PetraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tippie, JoelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Czech Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
To my mother, who presented me with the moment when Beatrice perceives her mother's strength and wonders how she had not perceived it before.
To my mother, who gave me the moment when Beatrice realizes how strong her mother is and wonders how she missed it for so long.
There is a single mirror in my house.

AR level 4.8, 16 pts
In a future Chicago, sixteen-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all. (from the publisher)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,696,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible