Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise by Joyce…

Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise

by Joyce Magnin

A decent story that is more chick lit than I had expected after reading the first in the series. I would have liked to have seen more of the characters from the first installment. ( )
  StephLaymon | Jan 26, 2016 |
Such a fun feel good book! Was really fun to read and I wanted more!!! I didn't want the story to end! I loved all the characters and how unique each one was! ( )
  Terry_Mitchell | Feb 20, 2015 |
When Charlotte’s domineering husband drops dead with a heart attack, Charlotte doesn’t know which way to turn. When she reads an advertisement, Charlotte buys a doublewide trailer, sight unseen, and moves to Paradise Trailer Park. Her rosy view of a trailer park crashes to the ground when she pulls up to her purchase that is far less than advertised. Another resident, Rose Tattoo, conveniences her to stay, and together they pull the residents together and form a softball team. There she finds her old self, long ago crushed under the abusive hand of her husband. Charlotte deals with her grief, her fear, and her mother, along with a colorful cast of unusual neighbors.

This story is laugh out-loud funny with the descriptions of Charlotte’s life, her choices, and the other residents at Paradise. It also pulls at your heart as the story touches on spouse abuse, and Charlotte’s search for the Lord. Though this book can be enjoyed by anyone, mature readers will be able to appreciate Charlotte’s struggle to grow after her husband’s death. I recommend this to anyone who has lived long enough to understand that life is a series of changes, and not for the faint of heart. ( )
  Glenajo | Dec 2, 2012 |
Ms. Magnin takes the subtle approach to the subject of spousal abuse, focusing instead on the process of gaining courage and self esteem through faith. Charlotte is a funny character, in some ways acting much younger than her age, and in other ways displaying an uneasy acquaintance with knowledge she'd rather not have. I enjoyed watching the Paradise community come together. ( )
  tjsjohanna | May 8, 2012 |
This is a charming story about how life changes for Charlotte Figg after her husband drops dead in his early 50s. She buys a dumpy trailer sight unseen and makes a life of her own while coming to grips with her newfound freedom and ability to help the cast of characters around her. She has plenty of challenges with a meddling mother, an abusive trailer park manager, an abused neighbor, a little person, and a softball team. Oh and I can't forget to mention that her claim to fame is the amazing pies that she seems to bake at the rate of 2 a day. This book has a similar feel to some of Fanny Flagg's work and I enjoyed it entirely even though I got it as a free Nook book. ( )
  shequiltz | Apr 4, 2012 |

Newly widowed Charlotte Figg purchases a double-wide trailer sight unseen and moves to the Paradise Trailer Park with her dog Lucky. Unfortunately, neither the trailer nor Paradise are what Charlotte expected. Her trailer is a ramshackle old place in need of major repair, and the people of Paradise are harboring more secrets than Bayer has aspirin. Charlotte's new friend Rose Tattoo learns that Charlotte played softball and convinces her to rally the women of Paradise into a team. Reluctant at first, Charlotte warms to the notion and is soon coaching the Paradise Angels. Meanwhile, Charlotte discovers that the manager of Paradise, Fergus Wrinkel, abuses his wife Suzy. Charlotte sets out to find a way to save Suzy from Fergus and in the process comes to a difficult realization about her own painful marriage.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,564,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible