Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer

Power Thoughts (edition 2010)

by Joyce Meyer (Author)

Joyce Meyer has a knack for coining phrases-her fans call them Joyceisms-and one of her best loved is "Where the mind goes, the man follows." This was the basis for Battlefield of the Mind, and in her latest book, Meyer provides "power thoughts," bringing the reader to a new level of ability to use the mind as a tool to achievement. In POWER THOUGHTS, she outlines a flexible program to turn thoughts into habits, and habits into success. Sections include: · The Power of a Positive You · 5 Rules for Keeping Your Attitude at the Right Altitude · More Power To You bulleted keys to successful thinking in each chapter · The Power of Perspective Nobody has more of a "can-do" attitude than Joyce Meyer. Now you can, too.… (more)
Member:krausedeba
Title:Power Thoughts
Authors:Joyce Meyer (Author)
Info:Hachette (2010)

Work Information

Power Thoughts: 12 Strategies to Win the Battle of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

English (5)  German (1)  All languages (6)
A great book on how our thoughts do affect us.
  pccclibrary | Jan 12, 2016 |
My wife watches Joyce Meyer's just about every morning, so when she recommended I read this book, I felt she had good reason to want me to do so. Boy was she right. This was such a treat to read and I learned so much from this.

Now of course this is a Christian book and as such is based on Christian principles and backed up with Biblical principles and references. However, most of these principles are applicable despite your religious affiliation (though I would be remiss if I didn’t encourage you to at least take a look at what Christ is all about).

Look at some of these power thoughts. “I will not live in fear”, “I am difficult to offend”, “I love people and I enjoy helping them”, “I am content and emotionally stable”, “I live in the present and enjoy each moment”, “I am disciplined and self-controlled.”

Add to those, the more Christian focused ones like, “I put God first in my life”, “I can do whatever I need to do in life through Christ”, “God meets all my needs abundantly”, along with others and you have a very powerful, life-change book. Definitely recommend this to all Christians, those seeking and non-Christians who might just want some good powerful thoughts to change your thinking patterns and make positive changes in your life. ( )
  harpua | Mar 19, 2011 |
I have read many of Joyce Meyer's books and they are all helpful. She has a great sense of humor and is easy to read. I found this book so useful that I bought a copy (I usually take them out of the library). ( )
  lisa875 | Mar 1, 2011 |
JOYCE MEYER
POWER THOUGHTS BY JOYCE MEYER is a very special book. Of course, each book she writes is uniquely helpful to Christian growth in some way. I especially like this book because it deals with thought processes. It comes across very clearly in Power Thoughts that there is no way for me to grow without asking the Lord to help me conquer the fortresses in my mind. I must in order to please the LORD bring every thought in to captivity. There is no doubt that HE will help me. I just have to trust HIM. In the book, Joyce Meyer gives a dozen or Twelve Power Thoughts. The twelve ways of thinking will definitely make the richest, most blessed Christian's life better. For those, like me, who have only begun to take baby steps can only expect to see their spiritual and physical lives improve. Along with a wealth of scriptures, Joyce Meyer has planted this thought-provoking book with journal prompts. These prompts are to help remove the "can'ts" from our lives. In their place will appear the word "can" over and over again until that old ugly habit of negativity becomes the new habit of positivity. Joyce Meyer writes "I believe that miracles come in cans-our belief that we can do whatever we need to do through Christ who is our strength."
In one journal entry Joyce Meyer gives three words. "Yes, I can__________. I wrote; yes, I can become less wasteful of my time." Just writing those words made my Godly goal clearer and precise. Joyce Meyer explains how writing down her thoughts is a help in her Christian life. If you have ever heard Joyce Meyer speak in person, on television or at a conference, you know she always tells plenty of anecdotes. Some of the stories are very funny and very true to the life of each person sitting in her audience. Her book is not different. The anecdotes made me laugh, think and rethink. In the end, It is the author's desire that we "Be mindful to be a blessing....." Galatians 6:10. Without a doubt there are forces fighting for our minds. With Joyce Meyer's 12 STRATEGIES TO WIN THE BATTLE of the MIND and GOD'S empowering strength there is a victory in sight. ( )
  Tea58 | Dec 25, 2010 |
Joyce Meyer has put together a program using twelve steps to win the battle of the mind. Each step is described and explained, then followed up with questions to aid the reader in applying the principles taught. Joyce uses principles taught in scripture as a basis for her concepts and to aid the reader in using faith in the word of God to stand firm on winning the war that wages in one’s mind.

I found the book easy to read, and well written. The book’s format took me through each step in a progressive manner that was easy to adapt. I enjoyed the thought provoking questions proposed after each principle. I recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a system to apply in an effort to gain control of their thinking process.

I received a copy of the book through Goodreads in exchange for a review. I received no additional compensation and was not required to write a positive review. ( )
  cherylselby | Oct 21, 2010 |

Hachette Book Group

4 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446574147, 0446580368, 1607886316, 0446573418

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,221,344 books! | Top bar: Always visible