Beginner's Grace: Bringing Prayer to Life (2010)

by Kate Braestrup

Writing in the beautiful, funny, honest narrative style that moved and inspired readers of her first book, Here If You Need Me, Kate Braestrup explains what prayer is and the many ways we can pray. With an approach that is both personal and inclusive, Beginner's Grace is a new kind of prayer book. She provides clear models and practical suggestions for making your own and your family's prayers meaningful and satisfying, and offers prayers for situations in which words might fail: times of anxiety, helplessness, or grief. And she invites you to explore forms of prayer that extend into the wider community, including prayer with and for people we don't like or with whom we disagree.… (more)

This was a lovely blend of memoir and spirituality without too much religion (always nice since the author is a UU minister). It made me think about prayer in a different way than I always have, and it’s given me some thoughts to create something new. ( )
  spinsterrevival | Jan 9, 2021 |
Very good. Wonderful author, very thoughtful and down to earth. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Overall, I enjoyed this book; however, I found some chapters wandered around too much and I lost track of what the author was trying to say. That said, there were several thoughtful and meaningful sections, mainly at the beginning, and, of course, a wonderful collection of the prayers she discusses at the end of the book. ( )
  saskreader | May 20, 2011 |
To my children:
Erin, Zachary, Peter, Cobus,
Ellie, Ilona, Woolie.
You are my answered prayers.
"The nurse said what?"I asked.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,123,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible