The Origins of the War of 1914, Volume 3

by Luigi Albertini

Series: The Origins of the War of 1914 (3)

A classic because of its comprehensive treatment of the subject, Albertini's book has been out of print for half a century. Beginning with the Congress of Berlin in 1878, Albertini traces the pattern of events that led Europe to the greatest cataclysm ever faced.

2000 The Origins of the War of 1914: Volume III, by Luigi Albertini translated and edited by Isabella M. Massey (read 8 May 1986) I found this final volume of the trilogy very worth reading. The chapters on the German Ultimatum to Belgium were revealing to me in that somehow I had not realized the events in such detail, and I found the account exciting, and stirring. I can certainly understand how Germany's action toward Belgium would end many people's doubts as to which side was right. There can be little doubt that Germany and Austria bear more "war guilt" than do the other powers. ( )
  Schmerguls | Aug 10, 2008 |

Luigi Albertiniprimary authorall editionscalculated
Massey, Isabella M.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,322,041 books! | Top bar: Always visible