UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government…

UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record (edition 2011)

by Leslie Kean

An in-depth investigation into UFO phenomena documents the author's survey of official extraterrestrial encounters as experienced by scientists, military heads, and aviators throughout the world, and evaluates government reactions.
Member:mheisercwipp
Title:UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record
Authors:Leslie Kean
Info:Three Rivers Press (2011), Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:ufos

UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record by Leslie Kean

The author thinks there are UFO sightings that can't be explained and we should seriously research the possibilities of extraterrestrial origins. ( )
  nx74defiant | Mar 4, 2018 |
In her book UFOs – Generals, Pilots & Government Officials Go On Record, Leslie Kean lays an ironclad foundation to the subject of unidentified flying objects [UFOs].

The author and contributors do a rather compelling job of outlining the main components of each of the respective incidents discussed, and doing so in a way that’s reasonable, yet thought provoking. Kean also discusses various other pertinent issues regarding the UFO phenomena.

Many of the best known UFO sightings are showcased by Kean. Some of the most notable sightings discussed in the book range from the more recent Phoenix Lights incident, which of course officials say were “flares” [who buys that?], to the older and yet just as compelling Belgian UFO wave. Another rather salient encounter that has been covered at length by other researcher but is one with extensive credibility is the Rendelsham Forest incident. Of course, there are many more significant sightings that are distilled by the author/contributors which people should know about.

Coupled with the above information Kean also dabbles into part of UFOlogys history, such as the nascent stages of COMETA et al.

That said, given some of the more well known sightings, veteran researchers and readers will undoubtedly know most if not all of the information provided. That really depends on how much research a given person has put into this field.

That is not the say the book does not have plenty to offer, because it does. It’s just that the author focuses on many of the most well known incidents, which many folks will be familiar with. Still, Kean does an exemplary job of bringing lucidity to a field that has long sought for it, and doing so in a scholarly manner.

Kean precision is seen by how she buttresses her book, which is with the most concrete evidence that’s available.

Curiously, for a book that tackles the ‘fringe’, it does seem to play it safe however. That’s the ‘feel’ that one gets from the author. For how well executed certain parts of the book were, others felt as if though she had bulls-eyes right in front of her, but she didn’t lay out possibilities in their greatest extent. In that way, the book feels like a ‘controlled’ release of information of already-sifted-through phenomena, and in that sense, it wouldn’t ‘make any waves’.

Its ironic because many people mentioned that this was “the book” that would change everything. And don’t give me wrong, this is a great book. And it will certainly open its fair share of eyes just by its existence. Still, the information covered has been discussed by countless more authors out there, and in that sense, it could have more significant anchors. All things considered, the credibility the author brings to the subject should be taken very seriously.

The collection of testimonies does give a preponderance of evidence – given the veracity of the witnesses et al. – that something within our world is amiss.

Without a doubt, the book is an excellent starting point for those who wish to delve into this abstruse subject, and would serve as a great reference for veteran researchers in the field, or anyone else interested in this fascinating subject. In fact, the book would serve as an excellent springboard when read before Richard Dolan’s UFOs And The National Security State, which for all intents and purposes is the unofficial Encyclopedia to a modern UFO phenomena.

All in all, given the importance of the information, everyone should read this book. Everyone.

As humanity continues to slowly seep into space, more and more UFO sightings will continue taking place. Questions such as: Who is behind these sightings? Why are these sightings taking place? Is it us, them, or…? And if its them, where do they come from, and how long have they been here, and elsewhere?

Those are just an iota of of the handful of the many questions humanity will have to contend with as we move towards a more technologically advanced culture.

This book begins shedding light for the common populace to see that there really is something taking place in our skies, and probably beyond.

That alone is worth the price of the book.

And if just a fraction of what’s being stated here is true – and keep in mind the credibility of these individuals is top-notch – then the world already is a vastly different place than what we have been taught.

And if that’s the case, what else don’t we know? ( )
  ZyPhReX | Jan 5, 2017 |
I have read a lot of UFO literature. This is one of the best books on the subject that I have read. Highly recommended. ( )
  GlennCooper | Jun 29, 2012 |
I won't put a rating on this book as there are many ways in certainly could have been better. However the subject is so important that it is worth anyone and everyone to read the book.

It certainly will be a disappointment to the thrill seeking crowd who yearn for the green, blue, and orange men to appear. And long yarns of abduction. They are not here. And thankfully it deals with real encounters by yes officials like military and airline pilots. People who for the most part deal in reality not fantasy.

So it leaves out the characters that make UFO's the characterization of ridicule that plays into our governments intent to make it just that and therefore worth ignoring which they have done quite successfully over the years.

The real central issue here lies in this last statement. Why do they take this position?

I suppose there are several reasons that may be plausible. First and foremost may be they don't believe there is any substance to it. Second they may know much more about the nature of these things and are busily studying the technology of what they possess obviously for military purposes and therefore is no one's right to know for security reasons. And finally I propose their own fear of the unknown. A fear based on power and control. Which superior powers of unknown origin leave them........less than powerful. In fact frighteningly undermining political, scientific, and religious omnipotence in our structured society.

What I found revealingly humanistic in this book was the intent of a South American military to shoot one down. Human nature to shoot first and ask questions later. No threat given yet threat perceived. And almost laughingly absurd to put our pea shooter technology up against such. Hmmm sounds like a movie plot.

We stand as cavemen yet as we peer into the universe beyond still wondering what's out there. Clinging to our beliefs in fear not seeing what may be right in front of us is we would only choose to look.
  knightlight777 | Apr 6, 2011 |
Making the end of the world boring
Mar. 7th, 2011 | 04:21 pm

Leslie Kean's NYT bestseller on UFOs is an infuriating read.

The complete title is:

UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record

Right away you begin to see part of the problem. The only people that count in her universe are Important People, like generals, pilots, and government officials. Anyone without the proper credentials is clearly beneath notice.

It follows, of course, that since Leslie is one of those Important People, being an investigative journalist and all, that the whole subject of UFOs only became really important when she began to pay attention. Don't look for any history of the phenomenon that extends very far into the past when she wasn't paying attention. For the same reason, don't expect her to mention previous books or important researchers.

And don't look for any information on the stickier and more baffling aspects -- alien abductions, or crashed UFOs, for example. That would only get in the way of her Important Message: some Important People are interested in the phenomenon right now.

Her book is very superficial -- and ultimately boring. Which is pretty hard to do when writing about a subject of such enormous importance and fascinating drama.

Since UFOs exist and they reflect contact with another reality, they are the most significant event in human history. Leslie makes the phenomon as boring as a NATO budget meeting.

There have been many far better explorations of the subject that have never attracted 1/1000 of the attention that this New York Times bestseller received.

I suppose that the success of this book could be considered a good sign. Maybe knowing that Some Important People are admitting that we should be paying attention, maybe we actually will.

But don't count on it. ( )
  RDeck | Mar 7, 2011 |

An Air Force major is ordered to approach a brilliant UFO in his Phantom jet over Tehran. He repeatedly attempts to engage and fire on unusual objects heading right toward his aircraft, but his missile control is locked and disabled. Witnessed from the ground, this dogfight becomes the subject of a secret report by the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency.

In Belgium, an Air Force colonel investigates a series of widespread sightings of unidentified triangular objects, and he sends F-16s to attempt a closer look. Many hundreds of eyewitnesses, including on-duty police officers, file reports, and a spectacular photograph of an unidentifiable craft is retrieved and analyzed.

Here at home, a retired chief of the FAA’s Accidents and Investigations Division reveals the agency’s response to a thirty-minute encounter between an aircraft and a gigantic UFO over Alaska, which occurred during his watch and is documented on radar.

Now all three of these distinguished men have written breathtaking, firsthand accounts about these extraordinary incidents. They are joined by Air Force generals and a host of high-level sources—including Fife Symington III, former governor of Arizona, and Nick Pope, former head of the British Defence Ministry’s UFO Investigative Unit—who have agreed to write their own detailed, personal stories about UFO encounters and investigations for the first time.

They are coming forward now because of Leslie Kean, an investigative reporter who has spent the last ten years studying the still unexplained UFO phenomenon. Kean reviewed hundreds of government documents, aviation reports, radar data, and case studies with corroborating physical evidence. She carefully examined scientifically analyzed photographs and interviewed dozens of high-level officials and aviation witnesses from around the world. With the support of former White House chief of staff John Podesta, Kean draws on her research to separate fact from fiction and to lift the veil on decades of U.S. government misinformation. Throughout, she presents irrefutable evidence that unknown flying objects—metallic, luminous, and seemingly able to maneuver in ways that defy the laws of physics—actually exist.

No one yet knows what these objects are, even though they affect aviation safety and possibly national security. The phenomenon has been officially acknowledged by numerous foreign governments. For these reasons and many others, Kean concludes that the UFO problem must be more widely recognized and ultimately solved through an unbiased scientific investigation. The material presented throughout this landmark book is sobering, unflinching, and undeniably awe-inspiring, and moves us toward a goal of properly addressing this worldwide mystery.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,775,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible