The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

The Notebook (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

Member:shardee13
Title:The Notebook
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Warner Books (2004), Mass Market Paperback, 239 pages

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)

Message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult (nu-bibliophile)
    Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks (khoov00)
    The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Anonymous user)
    Where the River Ends by Charles Martin (Nicnac63)
    Nicnac63: Charles Martin's writing style is similar to Nicholas Sparks'. Both display a great love story that stands the tests of hardships and time.
    The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: An amazing love story. Incredibly touching.
    Waiting For The Rain by mjeanpike (Norabee)
    Norabee: This is a truly beautiful love story that any fan of romance would love, but if you liked elements of The Notebook, you will definitely love this one - highly recommended

Nueve años desde la primera vez que lo leí. Releído como cien veces en castellano, ahora en inglés, y me sigue tocando la fibra como en la primera lectura. ( )
  sar187 | Feb 27, 2015 |
I had been given a heads-up by my sister to not watch the movie and then read the book. Yes it was a fair warning but the reason is since the movie is missing a bunch (like usual) but within its scalped version and with its changed ending it actually works more as a romance that touches the heart than the actual book itself.

The reason why I gave it three stars when there seems to be so much lower scores is since there was a lot of simple wisdom in the book. A book that is simple and with natural wisdom always gets my attention since there is so much lacking otherwise in this world.

The story itself was long and drawn-out while being truly repetitive in a sense. Furthermore the characters were a bit flat and without personality, especially after watching the chemistry of the characters within the film.

Altogether a simple read and a possibly fast romance if you needing one to pass the day. He doesn't hold up to his other famous books in this one but if this doesn't touch your heart in one way or another then he mustn't have been writing to you.

**Received this book as part of the First Reads at Goodreads.com for free in exchange for a review** ( )
  flamingrosedrakon | Feb 13, 2015 |
I thouroughly enjoyed this book. It's not the sort of thing I would uually read and it has a sense or predictability, but I enjoyed that aspect. I loved the relationship and love between Allie and Noah. I enjoyed how it skipped the children, the marraige ceremony etc and just focused on their love throughout the years and briefly touched on it in letters and memories towards he end. I now need to watch the film! ( )
  Nataliec7 | Jan 5, 2015 |
I loved this book. Not many books can make me cry but this was definitely one of them. I will need to read more books by Nicholas Sparks. Hopefully that doesn't ruin The Notebook for me though. ( )
1 vote Anietzerck | Dec 27, 2014 |
One of the best movies and books of all time! Have read all Sparks books but this is my favorite! Being from NC, loved it as well as the relationship between 1946 between two time periods.

The Notebook is an achingly tender story about the enduring power of love, a story of miracles that will stay with you forever. Set amid the austere beauty of coastal North Carolina in 1946, The Notebook begins with the story of Noah Calhoun, a rural Southerner returned home from World War II. Noah, thirty-one, is restoring a plantation home to its former glory, and he is haunted by images of the beautiful girl he met fourteen years earlier, a girl he loved like no other. Unable to find her, yet unwilling to forget the summer they spent together, Noah is content to live with only memories. . . until she unexpectedly returns to his town to see him once again. The result is a deeply moving portrait of love itself, the tender moments, and fundamental changes that affect us all.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
This book is dedicated with love to Cathy, my wife and my friend.
Who am I? And how, I wonder, will this story end?
"I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446605239, Mass Market Paperback)

"Somewhere," muses Noah Calhoun, while sitting on his porch in the moonight, "there were people making love." The Notebook, a Southern-fried story of love-lost-and-found-again, revolves around a single time-honored romantic dilemma: will beautiful Allison Nelson stay with Mr. Respectability (to whom she happens to be engaged), or will she choose Noah, the romantic rascal she left so many years ago?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:03 -0400)

An elderly lady with Alzheimer's disease listens to her old diaries that speak of the young love she has long forgotten.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,708,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible