The Dead Town (Dean Koontz's…

The Dead Town (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, Book 5) (edition 2011)

by Dean Koontz

The war against humanity is raging. As the small town of Rainbow Falls, Montana, comes under siege, scattered survivors come together to weather the onslaught of the creatures set loose upon the world. As they ready for battle against overwhelming odds, they will learn the full scope of Victor Frankenstein's nihilistic plan to remake the future--and the terrifying reach of his shadowy, powerful supporters. Now the good will make their last, best stand. In a climax that will shatter every expectation, their destinies and the fate of humanity hang in the balance.… (more)
Member:lescollins42
Title:The Dead Town (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, Book 5)
Authors:Dean Koontz
Info:Bantam (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages

The Dead Town by Dean Koontz

See my review to #4.

ChrisMcCaffrey | Apr 6, 2021 |
I think I'd give it 3.5 stars if I could. It wasn't bad but it wrapped up too easily/quickly. ( )
  RunsOnEspresso | Mar 25, 2020 |
Not a bad series of books, considering it started out as a trilogy. As for the overall storyline, even though it was supposed to end at book number 3, there is enough continuity to keep it going for 5 books. I’m not sure if the original idea of 2 trilogies would have worked. That may have made things just a bit too contrived. I think that the final outcome of the 5 books was just right. Overall recommended reading. ( )
  krgulick | Jun 19, 2019 |

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 447
Format: Digital Edition

Synopsis:

Everything begins falling apart for Victor Immaculate. His vat grown creations once again transcend their genetic coding and that transcendance is always in the form of breaking. Builders take on non-biological matter and can't reproduce properly, the replacement clones begin to obsess and lose sight of their mission.

Through it all, Michael and Carson begin helping the townsfolk defend themselves while Deucalion hunts Victor down. Deucalion snaps Victor's neck, the creations fall apart upon their creator's death and Deucalion can now walk quantumly through the Light instead of skulking through the Shadows.

My Thoughts:

Even while I was expecting this story to turn out like this, it was still disappointing to have it actually happen. This followed the exact same pattern as the first trilogy but without any finesse or style. Evil simply falls apart and the good guys win by default.

Also, I already wrote this review, forgot to post it online, forgot I hadn't posted it and deleted the hard copy from Open Office. So I'm writing this all over again. That always ruins things.

Basically, I didn't enjoy this book or this series overall. I wouldn't recommend it but I am going to continue dipping my toes into the Koontz universe. I've got 20 of his books available so I'm going to go exploring and see what I find. I hope I find better things than this book.

If anyone has read some of his standalone stuff, feel free to make recommendations in the comments, otherwise I'm just going to start picking stuff randomly.

★★☆☆☆
1 vote BookstoogeLT | Aug 22, 2018 |
This book was far more entertaining and action-packed than book four. As before, we had all the familiar characters from previous books and some interesting new ones too.

ADDED FIVE MINUTES LATER: Okay, I'm tired and I got caught writing the review before the very end of the story. I felt compelled to add this so it is understood that I did NOT like the ending. I am tempted to remove a star from my original review (there... it's been done). I have another Koontz book to read but not until after something else as a buffer. ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |
Men can always be blind to a thing so long as it is big enough. It is so difficult to se the world in which we live. - G.K. Chesterton
To the memory of Gilbert K. Chesterton, who presented wisdom and hard truths in a most appealing package, changing countless lives with kindness and a smile.
Owl-eyed and terrified, Warren Snyder occupied an armchair in his living room.

Dean Koontz’s enthralling Frankenstein series has redefined the classic legend of infernal ambition and harrowing retribution for a new century and a new age. Now the master of suspense delivers an unforgettable novel that is at once a thrilling adventure in itself and a mesmerizing conclusion to his saga of the modern monsters among us.

FRANKENSTEIN: THE DEAD TOWN

The war against humanity is raging. As the small town of Rainbow Falls, Montana, comes under siege, scattered survivors come together to weather the onslaught of the creatures set loose upon the world. As they ready for battle against overwhelming odds, they will learn the full scope of Victor Frankenstein’s nihilistic plan to remake the future—and the terrifying reach of his shadowy, powerful supporters.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,141,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible