City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal…

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments) (edition 2014)

by Cassandra Clara (Author)

Member:EDHSLC
Title:City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments)
Authors:Cassandra Clara (Author)
Info:McElderly (2014)
Collections:Fiction, Your library

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Recently added bysadesa, superlocked, Bela923, BookHavenAZ, MommaTracey, Rena37, amgrassi, private library, BWNORF, Elmreid

English (81)  Swedish (1)  All (82)
I finished the series! I know this was a lot of people’s favorite of the series, but I think it may be one of my least favorite of the series. I feel things happened just to have another book, and I think this one was way to long. I found myself bored at some parts.

Overall, I love Clary and Jace, Izzy and Simon, Alec and Magnus, and all of the characters. I am happy I finished the series and I look forward to reading more of CC writing. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jul 8, 2017 |
I would have devoured this book in one day if I hadn't gone camping, therefore I didn't have the luxury of secluding myself away and just reading nonstop. So, even though I enjoyed the book, I am giving it a 3 star rating. The overall series, I'd give it a 4 star. I felt like the last book had far too many point of views and disrupted the pacing of the book and the character development. I understand the next installment is The Dark Artifices and the author wanted to create that transition for the readers but I felt that Emma's POV and the entire Blackthorn situation was counterproductive to wrapping up the stories in The Mortal Instruments. In many ways this book felt more like a prequel to The Dark Artifices and not a conclusion to The Mortal Instruments series. I'm not saying that what happened to the Blackthorn isn't important or relevant but there were a lot that could have been left out. I wanted a Mortal Instruments finale, not a Dark Artifices prelude; that's why I'm a bit disappointed in this book. Plus, I was craving a Jace & Tessa interaction and I didn't get that, but that wasn't a big deal for me. Though it warms my heart to see William Herondale referenced a few times. I like the Shadowhunter world and can't wait for the next two installments, The Dark Artifices and The Last Hours. ( )
  jthao_02 | May 18, 2017 |
Thank god I'm done with this series. Clare has some obscene obsession with incest that I just can't stomach. ( )
  benuathanasia | Mar 16, 2017 |
Absolutetly wonderful book. Would recomend to anyone. Book pulls you into an amazing world and can keep you there for hours. Wonderful characters great story line. An absolute must read for YA lovers! ( )
  dmytrukc | Mar 13, 2017 |
In God 'tis glory: And when men aspire,
'Tis but a spark too much of heavenly fire.
- John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
For Elias and Jonah
On the day Emma Carstairs's parents were killed, the weather was perfect.

In Book 6: City of Heavenly Fire, Jace, Clary and their friends are drawn inexorably into a war that pits Heaven against Hell, angels against demons—a war that threatens to destroy our world entirely if the Shadowhunters can't end it first.

"Darkness has descended on the Shadowhunter world. Chaos and destruction overwhelm the Nephilim as Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends band together to fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother. Nothing in this world can defeat Sebastian--but if they journey to the realm of demons, they just might have a chance.."--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,225,618 books! | Top bar: Always visible