City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

City of Heavenly Fire (edition 2014)

by Cassandra Clare (Author)

"Darkness has descended on the Shadowhunter world. Chaos and destruction overwhelm the Nephilim as Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends band together to fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother. Nothing in this world can defeat Sebastian--but if they journey to the realm of demons, they just might have a chance.."--… (more)
Member:MegRT10
Title:City of Heavenly Fire
Authors:Cassandra Clare (Author)
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2014), Edition: Canadian Export, 752 pages

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

English (105)  Swedish (1)  All languages (106)
Oh my gosh, this book gave me everything I wanted! I don't even know what I can say without spoiling anything. I loved how it wrapped everything up and tied certain things together but still left some things to build another series off of. Loved it so much! ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
3.75*
This was a satisfying conclusion to The Mortal Instruments series. I appreciate that Cassandra Clare isn't afraid to kill people in her books but part of me wanted this to be a little more "real" and have the little group of main characters not entirely pull through to the very end. While I don't necessarily want people to die in the books that I read, I also appreciate when books are realistic when it comes to topics like battles and war... and let's be real - the main characters were teenagers with less fighting experience than the average adult Shadowhunter. So how do none of them end up dead when so many were lost by the end of this book series? Sigh. Can't quite get myself to give it a full 4* because of that. I liked the overall growth of most of the characters from the first book of the series to now and also liked that there was less of a focus on Jace and Clare's relationship and more of a focus on Sebastion and how they were going to overcome him and his evil plotting. ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |
I really liked the whole series. Why I didn't give this all 5 stars was because I hate when the next series is set up this obviously in the last installment of another series. Nevertheless I will read that series as well, I think... ( )
  RankkaApina | Feb 22, 2021 |
Rating: 99% (4.95 stars) ( )
  melonah | Jan 9, 2021 |
considering all the things I could've read instead of this, I DEFINITELY hate myself rn. ( )
  kickthebeat | Nov 1, 2020 |
In God 'tis glory: And when men aspire,
'Tis but a spark too much of heavenly fire.
- John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
For Elias and Jonah
On the day Emma Carstairs's parents were killed, the weather was perfect.

In Book 6: City of Heavenly Fire, Jace, Clary and their friends are drawn inexorably into a war that pits Heaven against Hell, angels against demons—a war that threatens to destroy our world entirely if the Shadowhunters can't end it first.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,397,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible