The Truth of the Matter

by Andrew Klavan

Series: The Homelanders (3)

When eighteen-year-old Charlie West finds the one person who knows what happened to him a year earlier, he learns that remembering is painful as well as dangerous, and figuring out what to do with the new knowledge may be his toughest challenge yet.

This story about Charlie West and his adventures are pretty much non-stop action. Some downtime with teenage antics and a bit of romance. But the basic plot is very good. I could see this being turned into a movie or TV series for teens. It’s as good as the others I’ve seen.
I’m an Andrew Klavan fan now. I recommend these books to parents for their teens and for adults who enjoy a great story. But...you must start with the first book. ( )
  cbcmedia | Oct 5, 2022 |
This book (and series) is very readable - there's action and a straightforward storyline. But I really have enjoyed the philosophical underpinnings of this series (a big word for a typical teen novel). Charlie is patriotic in the best sense - committed to freedom AND responsibility as well as a good dose of faith. In this third book of the series the reader gets a lot of questions answered, right along with Charlie who has been missing a year of his life for most of this series. Looking forward to the last book. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Feb 6, 2014 |
"The Truth of the Matter" was one of the thrilling books of The Homelanders series. I don't read much, but these books were amazing.

Charlie West was just an ordinary boy with an ordinary life until one day he woke up tied to a chair in the middle of a room with a year of his life erased from his memory. He didn't know how he got there or why he was there. the first thing on his mind was how to escape. Charlie soon learned that he had been detained by a terrorist group called the Homelanders and both them and the police were after Charlie only for different reasons. He searched for the truth and finally found someone that would know exactly what was going on. Still on the run charlie knew he was putting himself in more danger by finding the one person who could tell him everything that he did not remember. He never gives up and he is determined to find the truth of the matter.

Charlie relies on trust in his friends and God to help him find the truth. I too rely on God and my friends when I am dealing with difficult situations. True friends are always good to have and God is always there whether you want Him to be or not.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries and lots of action. ( )
  nate3 | May 23, 2012 |
This is definitely YA fiction and so I forgave a lot of improbables during the reading of the Homelander trilogy (the biggest one being that an AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOLER would be the main person enlisted to bring down a large terrorism plot). Having said that, I can see encouraging my children to read this series when they are teenagers. I think they'd like it. ( )
  Jaynee | Dec 6, 2011 |
In this third book of the series we learn even more about how Charlie has ended up being accused of murder and part of the terrorist group called the Homelanders. Although I didn't find this one as exciting as the first book, I still enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the last installment. ( )
  sdbookhound | Jan 7, 2011 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,387,211 books! | Top bar: Always visible