One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully…

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Ann Voskamp

Drawing heartbreaking beauty out of the simplest of details, Ann Voskamp invites you into her grace--bathed life of farming, parenting, and writing--and deeper still into your own life. Here you will discover a way of seeing that opens your eyes to ordinary amazing grace, a way of living that is fully alive, and a way of becoming present to God that brings you deep and lasting joy.… (more)
Member:GEFC
Title:One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
Authors:Ann Voskamp
Info:Zondervan (2011), Hardcover, 240 pages

Work Information

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp (2010)

Pretty sure I'm the only one who thinks this book was just "ok"... I find Ms. Voskamp's writing too wordy & flowery. I think what she is ultimately saying is wonderful but her wordiness is enough to turn me off from her books. ( )
  3jillsmom | Dec 30, 2020 |
Wow! I've just read chapter one so far, but what I've read really speaks to me. The way Ann describes Satan is very powerfully descriptive. Most of chapter one could have been highlighted. ( )
  niennaalfirin | Jul 30, 2020 |
This book is full of profound truths, full of poetry and thoughtful reflection. As a book about what it means to live in thanksgiving, there is still so much to consider even in our own lives, reflecting upon what we are truly thankful for. ( )
  Booksunknown23 | May 18, 2020 |
I tried. I dared to fully quit. I didn't give it one star because I didn't hate it, I just couldn't get into it. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
For the Farmer,
who tended and grew my soul
A glowing sun-orb fills an August sky the day this story begins, the day I am born, the day I begin to live.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,161,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible