Diggers by Terry Pratchett

Diggers (edition 1996)

by Terry Pratchett (Author)

Series: The Bromeliad (2)

The nomes, whose families have lived for generations in a department store, are forced to flee to a country quarry, where they struggle against harsh weather, destructive humans, and dissension among themselves, and where they realize that their destiny may lie elsewhere.
Member:communard
Title:Diggers
Authors:Terry Pratchett (Author)
Info:Corgi (1996), Edition: reprint

Diggers by Terry Pratchett

English (25)  Polish (1)  French (1)  All languages (27)
The second in the trilogy picks up where Truckers leaves off. The nomes continue to bumble around being amusing, this time in a quarry where life is a little tougher than in the department store. ( )
  AlisonSakai | Sep 3, 2020 |
Full review of the trilogy under 'Wings'. This is the one where Grimma and Dorcus defend the quarry with Jekub. ( )
  atreic | May 8, 2019 |
Mildly interesting book, on several levels. Cute little miniature people dealing with the world and the humans is a nice children's story - but how they deal, with the world and each other, and the way their understandings expand, are quite a bit deeper. I wasn't really in the right mood for this, having just finished another book about people arguing against their own best interests, but it was interesting enough to hold me to the end and make me read the next one right away. ( )
1 vote jjmcgaffey | Apr 4, 2019 |
This is the second time I've listened to this book in this series and I loved it even more the second time around. ( )
  Wapil | Mar 23, 2019 |
  Wapil | Mar 23, 2019 |

Terry Pratchettprimary authorall editionscalculated
Briggs, StephenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kirby, JoshCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In the Beginning...
...Arnold Bros (est. 1905) created the store.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,329,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible