HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Daytripper by Gabriel Bá

Daytripper (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Gabriel Bá (Author)

Series: Daytripper (1-10)

Presents key moments in the life of Brás de Oliva Domingos, a Brazilian writer and sometime journalist, and the son of a prominent author, as if each episode would turn out to be the day in which he was about to die.
Member:oafking
Title:Daytripper
Authors:Gabriel Bá (Author)
Info:Vertigo (2011), Edition: Illustrated, 256 pages

Work Information

Daytripper by Gabriel Bá (2010)

Recently added bySummer345456, private library, osunale, BonBonVivant, msevans, steampink, geekness, FenrirJH, infopump

NA ( )
  eshaundo | Jan 7, 2023 |
Graphic Novel Book Club, Book #1

I didn't know anything about this graphic novel when I picked it up at all. I went into it only knowing there would be a series of obituaries in it. What I fell into was a n amazing twisting and turning story about little deaths, about choices and consequences, about lives that could have happened and death's that could have stopped them. I was confused and chilled and baffled and intrigued the whole through, torn entirely on whether I was even engaged and enjoying it.

Until I reached the last two issues and in the middle of them realized I was reading with rapt attention and goosebumps through them. It's an exquisite ending for a rollercoaster read. I would definitely recommend it to those who love graphic novels, epistolary writing, and navel gazing about the soul, life, death, love, betrayal, everything. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Dec 26, 2022 |
Greatread! ( )
  Brian-B | Nov 30, 2022 |
Very introspective and real. It doesn't get out of my mind. ( )
  maryfidalgo | Jul 22, 2022 |
On days when my anxiety rears its head and its occasional nudges turn into a fully charged assault, I think—if I died crossing this road this second with a bag of groceries in my hand, guilt in my heart of somehow not being polite enough to the veggie vendor, and placating thoughts of next-time-apologies in a corner of my head—what would my obituary say? I proceed to letter it by myself and five minutes after that, for that's how long it takes to develop a thought-out obituary, I move on with my life. Daytripper is just that, but art. How best to talk about life if not through deaths that could have been the end, but weren't? And sometimes we die to prove that we lived. ( )
  Toshi_P | May 6, 2022 |

Bá, Gabrielprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moon, Fabiomain authorall editionsconfirmed
Stewart, DaveColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Assis, ÉricoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Denardin, FabioEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thompson, CraigIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When the cancer that had spread throughout most of his brain finally took the best of him, Schlomo Lerner had, at the age of 89, been in love 274 times.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,822,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible