So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the…

So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the Newly Undead (edition 2010)

by John Austin (Author)

Being undead can be disorienting. Your arms and other appendages tend to rot and fall off. It's difficult to communicate with a vocabulary limited to moans and gurgles. And that smell! (Yes, it's you.) But most of all, you must constantly find and ingest human brains. Braaaains!!!             What's a zombie to do?             Thankfully, zombiologist John Austin details everything you need to know, as a newly undead soul, to hunt, fight, and feed on the living. As the first handbook written specifically for the undead, So Now You're a Zombie explains how you ended up in this predicament, the stages of zombification, and what you need to survive in this zombiphobic world. Dozens of helpful diagrams outline attack strategies, such as the Ghoul Reach, the Flanking Zack, the Bite Hold, and the Aerial Fall, to secure your human prey. You'll even learn how to successfully extract the living from boarded up farmhouses and broken down vehicles.             This handbook also explores the upside of being a zombie. Gone are the burdens of employment, taxes, social networks, even basic hygiene, allowing you to focus on simple necessities in "life": the juicy gray matter found in the skulls of the living.… (more)
Member:DanParson
Title:So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the Newly Undead
Authors:John Austin (Author)
Info:Chicago Review Press (2010), Edition: First Edition, First Printing, 224 pages

So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the Newly Undead by John Austin

This was a really funny book. It is about time that someone wrote a handbook to help the newly "Zombified" out there. There are plenty of non-fiction books written to help "breathers" deal with the "alleged" zombie menace (See Max Brooks' books for example) but this is the first one I ever encountered created with Zombie readers in mind. Though you might question whether zombies have the mental faculties to successfully put a book such as this to good use, you cannot deny that it is a step in the right direction in helping to increase the zombie survival odds.

"So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the Newly Undead" is a must read for Breathers and Zeds alike. For zombies, this advice makes easy sense. But you Living people out there might question the logic behind my assertion. The answer to your questioning is because you never know when a change in your "living" status might require it. ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |

ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |

ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |
If I ever become a zombie, this is the first book I will hide in my sternum. ( )
  ariel.kirst | Nov 14, 2014 |
As a self-confessed Zombie addict, I've read a lot of Zombie books over the past two years, and I've got very definite ideas about what I like, what entertains me, and what I don't like. This book falls firmly into two categories - I liked it, and it entertained me!

Although there is a glut of zombie-esque books available at the moment, this book is in two of the less travelled perspectives - survivor guide and zombie perspective. As such, it is quite unique in the Zombie world.

This is a funny book - the sarcastic, witty comments paired with some quite serious hints and tips for the newly infected made me smile, snicker and on some occasions, laugh out loud. The diagrams, graphs and graphics add to the feel of the book as well as enhancing the points made.

That said, some of the topics contradict our traditional ideas on the capabilities of zombies, however for me, that just added an extra consideration to what would happen when the zombapocalypse knocks on our door....or if we're an early victim! ( )
  katlb82 | Jan 28, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,168,503 books! | Top bar: Always visible