The Little White Owl by Tracey Corderoy

The Little White Owl (2010)

by Tracey Corderoy, Jane Chapman

196689,159 (3.72)1

This book was well written! It's about a little owl who was always alone, but was totally okay with it. He talks about how his big imagination and happy stories keep him company. When he wanders across more owls that were very different from him and not very nice about it he kept a positive attitude and made new friends. Even though he looked and spoke differently he didn't let that get to him. This story could be great to teach about accepting being different and knowing it's okay! It would also work well with teaching how to accept others that are different! Another view that could be taken is how nice it can be to be alone and also how nice it can be to find and share with new friends! ( )
  RikkiHamilton | May 1, 2017 |
I read this book to my K, 1st, and 2nd grade library classes and we all enjoyed it immensely! I used it for a lesson on character, plot and setting. ( )
  JillStephens | Jan 24, 2016 |
This book is really good. I think it has a good theme too it and it shows that even if something is different it doesn't mean that you shouldn't give it a chance. The little white owl is different than the other owls that it meets and at first they tell the little white owl to go away. They didn't like the little white owl because it was different and not colorful enough for them. Since the little owl started sharing his stories they started to accept the little white owl. In the end they were all friends and I think for small children it has a great story to it. ( )
  heyleigh | Mar 12, 2014 |
this book teaches how everyone has differences, and that not to judge someone just beacuse they are different. Students would love this book beacuse of the theme of the story. to love everyone. ( )
  blt012 | Apr 24, 2013 |
Story used to teach about differences and how we are all unique in our own way
  sammclain | Nov 20, 2012 |

Tracey Corderoyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chapman, Janemain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Gussie, forever in our hearts... - T.C.

For Piddle Valley Preschool - J.C.
Once there was a little white owl who lived by himself in the snow.

One day a little white owl sets off to see the world. When he meets some beautiful, colorful owls, he can't wait to share his toast and all of his happy stories. But these pretty owls do not want to be friends with a plain little owl like him...A touching story that celebrates difference and the beauty inside us all. (978-0-545-28802-6)

A little white owl earns the friendship of the more colorful owls he has discovered by entertaining them with beautiful stories."One day, a little white owl sets off to see the world. When he meets some beautiful, colorful owls, he can't wait to share his toast and all of his happy stories. But these pretty owls do not want to be friends with a plain white owl like him..."--Cover.… (more)

Good Books

An edition of this book was published by Good Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,101,489 books! | Top bar: Always visible