Song of Susannah (The Dark Tower, Book 6) by…

Song of Susannah (The Dark Tower, Book 6) (edition 2006)

by Stephen King, Darrel Anderson (Illustrator)

Title:Song of Susannah (The Dark Tower, Book 6)
Authors:Stephen King
Other authors:Darrel Anderson (Illustrator)
Info:Pocket (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Tags:fantasy, Dark Tower

Song of Susannah (The Dark Tower, Book 6) by Stephen King

Recently added byJay-Freeman, Ninjamaid_13

English (85)  Danish (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (90)
And the Tower is closer... ( )
  ebethiepaige | Oct 20, 2015 |
And the Tower is closer... ( )
  ebethiepaige | Oct 17, 2015 |
One of the more mediocre novels in the series. It's a little bland like the worst of the series. But it's still fun and reads well. All in all it ends up feeling like a suspense-building stepping-stone to the series' finale. ( )
  Algybama | Oct 15, 2015 |
I've been a King fan for such a long time. And yet for most of that time I've avoided this series. There's no good reason for this, just that I didn't think I was into sci-fi...if that's what this is, I'm into it.

I will put the next book on my library queue...and wait impatiently until I can read i ( )
  csweder | Jul 7, 2015 |
This is the sixth book in the Dark Tower series. It is a continuation of the epic tale and as the title alludes its main focus is the story of Susannah's pregnancy and the ka-tet's efforts to save her from the Crimson King's clutches. You need to have read the other books to appreciate and understand this book. I did not enjoy it as much as Wolves of the Calla but it was still a good read. The inclusion of the author in the book was interesting and quite amusing. ( )
  nebula21 | Apr 26, 2015 |
Reading "Song of Susannah," the penultimate novel in Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series, is rather like taking on the third leg of a triathlon.
added by stephmo | editBoston Globe, Erica Noonan (Jul 1, 2004)
It's no coincidence that Stephen King began the final sprint of his marathon "Dark Tower" epic shortly after the events of Sept. 11, 2001. What's now clear -- and certainly wasn't when some of us read "The Gunslinger," the first story in the sequence, more than 25 years ago -- is that this saga is more than just an unlikely mishmash of spaghetti Western, Arthurian high fantasy and post-apocalyptic sci-fi.
Reviewing the fifth volume of Stephen King's Dark Tower sequence, Wolves of the Calla, for this paper I suggested that this probably wasn't the best place for new readers to begin. Volume Six, Song of Susannah, however, almost works as a stand-alone novel, and is highly recommended for readers who enjoy the more metafictional side of King's oeuvre, and especially those who have been waiting for something along the lines of his greatest novel to date, Hearts in Atlantis.
added by stephmo | editThe Independent, Matt Thorne (Jun 6, 2004)

Stephen Kingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Anderson, DarrelIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Go then. There are other worlds than these."

John "Jake" Chambers
"I am a maid of constant sorrow

I've seen trouble all my days
All through the world I'm bound to ramble

I have no friends to show my way..."

"Fair is whatever God wants to do."

Leif Enger

Peace Like a River
For Tabby, who knew when it was done.
How long will the magic stay?

Taking place mainly in our world (New York City and East Stoneham, Maine), this book picks up where Wolves of the Calla left off, with the ka-tet employing the help of the Manni to open the magic door inside Doorway Cave. The ka-tet are split up by the magic door, or perhaps ka, and sent to different 'wheres' and 'whens' in order to accomplish several essential goals pertaining to their quest towards the mysterious Dark Tower.

Set in a world of extraordinary circumstances, filled with stunning visual imagery and unforgettable characters, The Dark Tower series is unlike anything you have ever read. Here is the penultimate installment.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:05 -0400)

Stephen King The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah with 10 full-color illustrations by Darrel Anderson The next-to-last novel in Stephen King's seven-volume magnum opus, Song of Susannah is at once a book of revelation, a fascinating key to the unfolding mystery of the Dark Tower, and a fast-paced story of double-barreled suspense. To give birth to her "chap," demon-mother Mia has usurped the body of Susannah Dean and used the power of Black Thirteen to transport to New York City in the summer of 1999. The city is strange to Susannah ... and terrifying to the "daughter of none," who shares her body and mind. Saving the Tower depends not only on rescuing Susannah but also on securing the vacant lot Calvin Tower owns before he loses it to the Sombra Corporation. Enlisting the aid of Manni senders, the remaining katet climbs to the Doorway Cave ... and discovers that magic has its own mind. It falls to the boy, the billy-bumbler, and the fallen priest to find Susannah-Mia, who, in a struggle to cope -- with each other and with an alien environment -- "go todash" to Castle Discordia on the border of End-World. In that forsaken place, Mia reveals her origins, her purpose, and her fierce desire to mother whatever creature the two of them have carried to term. Eddie and Roland, meanwhile, tumble into western Maine in the summer of 1977, a world that should be idyllic but isn't. For one thing, it is real, and the bullets are flying. For another, it is inhabited by the author of a novel called 'Salem's Lot, a writer who turns out to be as shocked by them as they are by him. These are the simple vectors of a story rich in complexity and conflict. Its dual climaxes, one at the entrance to a deadly dining establishment and the other appended to the pages of a writer's journal, will leave readers gasping for the saga's final volume (which, Dear Reader, follows soon, say thank ya).… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,882,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible