Seven Years of Highly Defective People:…

Seven Years of Highly Defective People: Scott Adams' Guided Tour of the… (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Scott Adams (Author)

It has grown so quickly that it is now generating a worldwide sensation. Seven Years of Highly Defective People revisits the introduction and development of all that is Dilbert, allowing Adams to share with readers his thoughts about the formation of his character's lives.
Member:evan.kirshenbaum
Title:Seven Years of Highly Defective People: Scott Adams' Guided Tour of the Evolution of Dilbert (Volume 10)
Authors:Scott Adams (Author)
Info:Andrews McMeel Publishing (1997), Edition: 1st, 256 pages
Collections:441 Bella Corte
Tags:guest room

Seven Years of Highly Defective People by Scott Adams (1997)

Histerical! Even though I have already read the comics in previous collected volumes, the artist comments by Scott Adams really sold this book. I never failed to laugh. ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |
  ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |
  ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |
The creator/author of DILBERT, begun in 1989, presents a compilation of the strips with red-inked holographic explanations or "guides" on this tour of the business cartoons which reflect modern corporate management issues. This is meta-fiction -- or reality.

The strip can be located at www.unitedmedia.com .

While selecting examples is arbitrary, here is a set:

In three panels, a suit announces the following monologue: "Starting today, the company will begin random drug testing." "Although it would be illegal to search your car or home for illegal drugs..." " we have found no ethical problem with sucking the blood out of your body. Results will be posted in the cafeteria."

The handwritten red-ink comment: "I'm amazed that this is legal in the USA." [30]

In the next strip, Dilbert is counseling at home with Dogbert. "It's an ethical dilemma...I support my company's goal of discouraging drug use, but the random drug testing policy is a violation of my constitutional rights." "I'll get fired if I refuse the test. What is the ethical thing to do?" Dogbert: "Hack into their computer and change your boss's test results."

The final panel, Dilbert: "Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud." Dogbert: "Good, rationalize it with an obtuse metaphor". The comment is "A good metaphor can make any bad idea sound good."

Scott Adams delivers insight across the most important management issues using few words. ( )
  keylawk | Jan 5, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,331,573 books! | Top bar: Always visible