The Names (Volume 16) (Sun Tracks) by N.…

The Names (Volume 16) (Sun Tracks) (original 1976; edition 1987)

by N. Scott Momaday (Author)

Of all of the works of N. Scott Momaday,The Names may be the most personal. A memoir of his boyhood in Oklahoma and the Southwest, it is also described by Momaday as "an act of the imagination. When I turn my mind to my early life, it is the imaginative part of it that comes first and irresistibly into reach, and of that part I take hold." Complete with family photos, The Names is a book that will captivate readers who wish to experience the Native American way of life.… (more)
Member:StJohnPaul2HSHyannis
Title:The Names (Volume 16) (Sun Tracks)
Authors:N. Scott Momaday (Author)
Info:University of Arizona Press (1987), Edition: 2nd ed., 184 pages
Collections:Need Labels

The Names: A Memoir by N. Scott Momaday (1976)

familiegeschiedenis en jeugdherinneringen van Kiowa N. Scott Momaday. Een gelukkige jeugd op de plains, tussen de Navajo en in de pueblo's van New Mexico in de eerste helft van de twintigste eeuw. ( )
  brver | Jul 30, 2015 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

In devotion to those whose names I bear and to those who bear my names.
My name is Tsoai-talee.
(Prologue) They were stricken, surely, nearly blind in the keep of some primordial darkness.
The names at first are those of animals and of birds, of objects that have one definition in the eye, another in the hand, of forms and features on the rim of the world, or of sounds that carry on the bright wind and in the void.
(Epilogue) I entered into the Staked Plains and turned north.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,590,032 books! | Top bar: Always visible