Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

A Brief History of Tim: The World Minus One Letter

by Kathy Clugston

1011,537,263 (3.5)None
Rather than explaining our origins, A Brief History of Tim addresses our history and culture at the level we most deeply desire - the trivial. By simply removing one letter, the world is tweaked with immensely enjoyable results-For those who think contemporary art is a load of rubbish, there's the Tat Modern.Find out about the Ancient Geeks, nerdy types who spent far too much time doing maths.A Brief History of Tim is laugh-out-loud funny and will have you looking at the world through fresh eyes.… (more)

Although this is very funny for a few pages at a time, it soon palls. It is a useful catalyst for creative play, however, and bears revisiting. On the whole, it probably works best as a joke-of-the-day style twitter feed. ( )
  TheoClarke | Nov 18, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,304,415 books! | Top bar: Always visible