Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows by Joe…

Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows (edition 2010)

by Joe Hill (Author), Gabriel Rodríguez (Artist)

"Sam Lesser may be dead and gone, but Dodge still has uses for him, and in the first chill days of October, will make contact with him again. The dead know things the living may not, and Sam's restless spirit has had time to discover the thing Dodge wants to know most of all... where to find the key to the black door" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)
Member:sami7
Title:Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows
Authors:Joe Hill (Author)
Other authors:Gabriel Rodríguez (Artist)
Info:IDW Publishing (2010), Edition: First Edition, 152 pages
Tags:to-read

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows by Joe Hill

English (52)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (54)
On the one hand, I was not as thrilled about this one as I was about the previous two volumes, so I am hoping the series is not losing steam. On the other hand, new keys are found, and Dodge continues his scheming as he searches for the black key. This time, a new key enables him to raise an army of shadows. Overall, we are settling into the familiar setting of the mansion. The art is certainly one of the best parts of this series. I am still interested enough that I will keep reading, but I hope the plots get better. ( )
  bloodravenlib | Aug 17, 2020 |
I loved this volume and the crown of shadows I couldn't put it down! The shadow monsters were great and we found more keys. I can't wait to read vol 4.
  JesseekaG | Jul 30, 2020 |
OH GOD ( )
  therapite | Jul 15, 2020 |
Okay, I'm now a fan. The art is pretty good. It does do a good job with expressing the smaller ideas, but it does a much better job with the batshit crazy. I really got into the cave exploration and the shadows. I'm pretty much going to plow through the rest of the volumes at this rate. Why wasn't it like this for the first? Ahh, I know.. Character Development. These have done it.
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |
i know im rating these 3 stars, but i'm really enjoying them. there's just some problematic stuff in them.
tw: alcoholism, mild domestic abuse ( )
  hexenlibrarian | May 19, 2020 |

Joe Hillprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rodríguez, GabrielIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fotos, JayColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Robbins, RobbieLetterersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vaughan, Brian K.Introductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
JOE HILL:
To Ethan, Aidan, and Ryan.
Your Dad loves you.

GABRIEL RODRIGUEZ:
To José Manuel, Benjamin, and Matias.
With love from Dad.
Mmn. No. It's my head.

Joe Hill is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,500,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible