Immortal War (2011)

by Justin Somper

Series: Vampirates (6)

When the Pirate Federation and Nocturnals form an alliance to battle the renegade Vampirates, twins Connor and Grace Tempest each have important roles to play in the war--he as a pirate warrior and she as a powerful healer working with the war-wounded.

Final book in the series which has the final battle between the Vampirates and the humans. Many of the loose ends are tied up with this one. Lola has her twins which may play an integral part in the prophecy from 500 years ago. Was filled with twists and turns as well as quite a bit of action. Connor it seems comes to an untimely end. Sidorio meets the sun. Grace calls upon the cardinals to help with the war. Very fast paced read and seems to be fighting and intrigue from start to finish. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Aug 4, 2019 |
love these books, i love all the action stuff that goes on in them the whole series is great.i love how that there are pirates that are vampires that are against the bad vampirates and also the regular pirates that are against all the vampirates im more of a oh i love all the drama and dramatic stuff type of person so these books are great for me i think this is suitable for kids teens and it might even be fun to read for parents more the less its just my favorite series so its pretty much rare for me to get into books like this but i guess these kinds just get my attention. ( )
  YoMamas243 | Nov 26, 2013 |
I started this book with trepidation. I loved the first five books in the 'Vampirates' series and knew full well that this was the last full length adventure I'd get to spend with Grace, Connor, Lorcan, and the rest of the Pirate and Vampirate crew. Now that I've finished it, it is with a touch of sadness and a whole lotta love that I write this review. I'm going to keep it short and sweet because I don't want to go into heavy spoiler territory by accident! (It's just *that* good of a series!)

Justin Somper has crafted an epic finale to the series that started very simply with a book about two fouteen year old twins who were forced down two completely different paths. 'Immortal War' has everything-- action, romance, humor, and very readable battle scenes. That last one is a huge thing for me-- I usually don't read books with heavy action scenes and if they're in a novel I'm reading, I usually just skim the passages. I didn't do that with 'Immortal War'. Better still, with so much happening to so many characters at one time, I still found it easy to understand what was going on where and to whom.

The big finale seemed a fitting send off to the characters I've grown to love. Most loose ends are tied up. Some are surprisingly left open making me wonder if we'll be seeing a few more novellas or even a companion series. (Please, Mr. Somper!!!) There are a ton of secondary characters who still have stories to tell and I, for one, would love to hear them (*cough*cowboy*cough*).

If you haven't read the 'Vampirates' series, go to your local library and tell the librarian you want to read 'Demons of the Ocean'. You won't regret it. And to those who have read the series and are putting this read off till 'next time', make 'next time' today.

I'm very happy I decided to follow Grace and Connor on their journey. I have to laugh at myself-- I was hesitant to start this series back in the day. 'Vampire pirates? What are these authors going to think up next?', I said to myself. But the beautiful cover and intriguing concept eventually won me over and the hardcovers now sit proudly on my bookshelf, ready for when I want to dive back into the lives of the Tempest twins.

'Immortal War' gets 5 stars and is available online and in stores. ( )
  Kewpie83 | Apr 3, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,303,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible