Death in California: The Bizarre, Freakish…

Death in California: The Bizarre, Freakish and Just Curious Ways People… (edition 2009)

by David Kulczyk (Author)

721,705,169 (2.83)None
With details about grim and grisly fatalities, this history of California's arcane deaths encompasses the murders and accidents that at one time shocked the West Coast. The stories of hangings, gun accidents, suicides, crashes, and overdoses of both the famous and obscure offer a bizarre and light-hearted, if sometimes perverse, glimpse into the Golden State's strange past. From the tragic tale of 14 tourists swept to their deaths over Vernal Fall in pastoral Yosemite National Park and the gritty details of Bob "Bear" Hite overdosing on heroin in a seedy Hollywood nightclub to the shocking chronicle of a 10-ton jet crashing into a Bay Area kitchen, this zany collection is delightfully weird and enthrallingly human.… (more)
Member:mfigroid
Title:Death in California: The Bizarre, Freakish and Just Curious Ways People Die in the Golden State
Authors:David Kulczyk (Author)
Info:Craven Street Books (2009), 168 pages
Rating:**1/2
Tags:Read in 2019, History

Death in California: The Bizarre, Freakish, and Just Curious Ways People Die in the Golden State by David Kulczyk

I am writing this review in the home of the person who gave me this book! Bizarre! But I just finished it and I have my computer with me, so let's add it, shall we? What a strange book! All over the place here - there are murders, suicides, plane crashes, accidents, overdoses - if it happened in this state, it's in here! I enjoyed the book, though I will say it's made me (hopefully temporarily) a little morbid. But definitely makes for an interesting read! ( )
  AmberTheHuman | Aug 30, 2013 |
Various accounts of murder, accidents, etc. in California, some odd (teenage girl who killed a stranger in San Bruno in 1959 “to see what it felt like”), some sensational (plane crash into an ice cream parlor.) The writing isn’t compelling, but some of them were new to me or I didn't know the details. so it's interesting, at least. ( )
  piemouth | Nov 4, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,836,654 books! | Top bar: Always visible