Tooth & Nail (The Warder Series) by Mary…

Tooth & Nail (The Warder Series) (edition 2010)

by Mary Calmes

Nineteen-year-old Dylan Shaw is possibly the most beautiful thing Malic Sunden has ever seen. After Malic rescues Dylan from an attack, Dylan makes it very clear that he is more than interested, but Malic won't even consider sleeping with Dylan because of his age. Malic is sure he's not good enough for Dylan, who has his whole life ahead of him, and can't conceive of burdening Dylan with his secrets.… (more)
Member:Bitchie
Title:Tooth & Nail (The Warder Series)
Authors:Mary Calmes
Info:Dreamspinner Press (2010), Kindle Edition, 119 pages
Tags:m-m-romance, things-that-go-bump-in-the-night

Tooth & Nail (The Warder Series) by Mary Calmes

This is another nice story in the Warder universe. The second volume reveals a little more of the background and the paranormal world these people deal with. While the threat is quite dark and some of the fights are brutal, I found myself really drawn into the whole setup. Putting the pieces of the puzzle together is something I always enjoy, and this 'world' was no different.

Malic is an idiot who needs to be shaken to wake up and realize what life is all about. I understood that he was just afraid about the age difference and wanted to protect Dylan from himself - but, man, he sure was trying too hard as far as I was concerned. The way he fought off Dylan's advances was really quite brutal, almost nasty in some cases. He did redeem himself in the end, but it was a close call.

Dylan is just the guy to turn Malic around, make him 'smell the roses', so to speak. I really admired him for sticking around as long as he did, and for never giving up, no matter how much Malic tried to push him away. While we didn;t see much of their life once they manage to get together in this book, I am hoping they will be back in one of the sequels.

If you like slightly darker paranormal books, enjoy a 'good thread' and some truly bad evil guys and want to combine that with a hot love story, this may be the book for you. ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 14, 2017 |
Mary Calmes does it again. The ending is HOT, HOT, HOT. Couldn't put it down. A must have. Five Stars ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
I really do enjoy Mary Calmes' writing! I fell in love with Malic and Dylan (especially Dylan...such a cute, pushy little bottom!). The paranormal and demon fighting aspect was well-written and exciting. Here's hoping there's another 'hearth' book in the future. :)

vampkiss | Oct 23, 2013 |
I enjoy Mary Calmes' writing, and this was reasonably fun and exciting, as expected. I was warned by the reviews that Malic is an idiot, and he really, really is, but I decided to consider it a side effect of him not having his hearth yet, and that worked pretty well for me. ( )
  Charming2020 | Mar 31, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,577,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible