Isla and the Happily Ever After

by Stephanie Perkins

Series: Anna and the French Kiss (3)

Isla has had a crush on classmate Josh since their freshman year at the School of America in Paris, but after a chance encounter over the summer in Manhattan they return to France for their senior year where they are forced to confront challenges every young couple in love must face.

I was initially bummed reading this through midway because all the awesome chemistry that was in the first 25% of the book started to fizzle and die bit by bit.
And then it picked up again, only to get a LOLJK from Isla herself.
The characters felt so real, in a way where they are flawed so realistically. It got me frustrated, thankfully they changed and got over their obstacles with courage and honesty.
This book gave me a lesson and I liked it a lot. 3.8 stars to be exact! :) ( )
  violetbaleine | Sep 22, 2021 |
I just have buckets of love in my heart for Stephanie Perkins. What can I say? I love her love stories. Her books make me happy. ( )
  TaraF | Mar 16, 2021 |
Rating: 70% (3.5 stars) ( )
  melonah | Jan 9, 2021 |
Isla has been in love with Josh for years. Too bad he's never really noticed her. After a brief run-in when she was high on painkillers, she figures it will never happen. And then a miracle: Josh has been interested in her too. Now they are together in a whirlwind relationship. There are just a few problems. Josh's father is a well-known politician back home, and his family hob-nobs with the elite of New York. When Josh is expelled from school and returns to the States, Isla is left alone in Paris to try to figure things out.

This wasn't my favorite of the series, but it wasn't horrible. I know that is was a favorite for many, but it just didn't work for me. Both characters were fine on their own, but together it didn't seem to work for me. I liked seeing Josh's life through his graphic novel, but that was about the only thing unique about this story.

I'm sure fans of the first two books will enjoy this one, along with older fans of Sarah Dessen. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Oct 26, 2020 |
“I’m…getting there. I’m beginning to think that maybe it’s okay to be a blank canvas. Maybe it’s okay that my future is unknown. And maybe,” I say with another smile, “it’s okay to be inspired by the people who do know their future.”
“It goes both ways, you know.”
I link his icicle fingers through mine. “What does?”
“Artists are inspired by blank canvases.”

This was definitely my favorite book out of the whole series. The ending left me wanting more.

The character development of both Josh and Isla was clearly seen. Josh became more perceptible and Isla became more sensitive to Josh, not to bring herself down and bring others around her down in the process as well.

Sometimes, people and friends just have an undeniable chemistry and I love how all the three stories connected to each other because it just left me wanting more.

I found myself silently screaming and rolling around my bed in multiple scenes and I was taken by surprise on how much I ended up liking this book. This is a good cliche book that doesn't feel cliche at all. ( )
  themoonwholistens | Aug 31, 2020 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andrews, LindseyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sasaki, ToshiCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
It's midnight, it's sweltering, and I might be high on Vicodin, but that guy--that guy right over there--that's him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,626,587 books! | Top bar: Always visible