Lola and the Boy Next Door

by Stephanie Perkins

Series: Anna and the French Kiss (2)

1,4821999,260 (4.02)47
Budding costume designer Lola lives an extraordinary life in San Francisco with her two dads and beloved dog, dating a punk rocker, but when the Bell twins return to the house next door Lola recalls both the friendship-ending fight with Calliope, a figure skater, and the childhood crush she had on Cricket.… (more)

I found it hard to connect with Lola as a lead character. We are polar opposites. Normally, this doesn't bother me, but it did in this book. Many of her ideals and opinions seemed weird and alien to me. The romance between Lola and Cricket was not as problematic as I was expecting it to be, but I did not enjoy the one between Lola and the other guy. It made no sense to me. Also, I found the same problem with dysfunctional families being the reasons behind relationships was still present in this novel, though not as bad as it was in Anna and the French Kiss. I also found the appearance of Anna and St. Clair amusing, and it was one of the few reasons I continued reading the novel. ( )
  afrozenbookparadise | Apr 22, 2021 |
Rating: 96% (4.8 stars) ( )
  melonah | Jan 9, 2021 |
Lola may be annoying, but Stephanie Perkins got me feelin some sort of way. Also I am here for the Anna and St. Claire content. ( )
  clutzycaro | Dec 23, 2020 |
While not horrible in any specific way, I just didn't get the same feelings of attachment with this one as I did with the first. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Oct 26, 2020 |
this was definitely better than I expected after reading the the first book :))

it had more of a plot to it and I actually enjoyed the story more. the other characters could have been explained a lot more rather than just solely focusing on the two main characters and just expecting us to care for all the others. I feel like there should be a build up in some way. ( )
  themoonwholistens | Aug 31, 2020 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Henderson, JeanineCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I have three simple wishes. They're really not too much to ask.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,409,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible