Pandemonium

by Lauren Oliver

Series: Delirium (2)

2,4641954,637 (4.03)35
After falling in love, Lena and Alex flee their oppressive society where love is outlawed and everyone must receive "the cure"--an operation that makes them immune to the delirium of love--but Lena alone manages to find her way to a community of resistance fighters, and although she is bereft without the boy she loves, her struggles seem to be leading her toward a new love.… (more)

English (194)  Spanish (1)  All languages (195)
I think I would give this a 3.5. I liked the first book more than this one and I totally predicted the ending from the very beginning. I do still intend to read the next one though. ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, pushing aside thoughts of Alex, pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, push, push, push, like Raven taught me to do. The old life is dead. But the old Lena is dead too. I buried her. I left her beyond a fence, behind a wall of smoke and flame. ( )
  Gmomaj | Aug 31, 2021 |
  Gmomaj | Aug 31, 2021 |
Leaving Alex behind was the hardest thing she ever had to do. She was not sure how she could go on without him and indeed she almost doesn't, more then willing to join him in death when her first few days in the wilds leave her starved, exhausted and on the very brink of death. However it is Raven who finds her, Raven who saves her, and Raven who gives her a new life.

She is starting again, in a new school within the protected boundaries of the city, only this time she is starting as someone else, the procedural mark on her neck to prove it. She is the new cured version of herself and she is on a mission. With the demonstration in the city rumoured to be hijacked by invalids, scavengers, Lena is forced to fight to protect all that she believes in.

Pandemonium and chaos ensue as lives are ripped apart. Hardships are born to those on both sides of the fence and despite best intentions, someone is going to get hurt. A story that flips from one side of the fence to the other, a telling of what is happening now, and what went on then. An absorbing and exciting follow-up to Delirium. ( )
  LarissaBookGirl | Aug 2, 2021 |
book 2 syndrome, screw this book. lena alex 4 ever. ( )
  Joy_Bush | Jul 22, 2021 |
I stayed up late last night to finish Pandemonium, and now I have to wait a possible 10 FULL MONTHS to read the conclusion in Requiem! Oh, Lauren Oliver, how you torture me so!!

Lauren Oliverprimary authorall editionscalculated
Diestelmeier, KatharinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Drew, SarahNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Helanen-Ahtola, Marjasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lempens, Willekesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tătăran, DorinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my parents:
Thank you for all the books, phone calls, free meals, endless patience, and boundless love.
Alex and I are lying together on a blanket in the backyard of 37 Brooks.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,312,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible