Animal Magnetism

by Jill Shalvis, Jill Shalvis (Author)

Series: Animal Magnetism (1)

"Co-owner of the town's only kennel, Lilah Young has lived in Sunshine, Idaho, all her life. Pilot-for-hire Brady Miller is just passing through. But he soon has Lilah abandoning her instincts and giving in to a primal desire. It's Brady's nature to resist being tied down, but there's something about Lilah and her menagerie that keeps him coming back for more."--Publisher's website.… (more)

Lilah is sweet, loving person who not only runs a kennel and Human Society also takes in strays and has 'accidents'. He's ex-army, pilot who never stays in one place long and finds this quirky girl with a huge heart a reason to possibly make a home in Sunshine. Cute animal moments as well
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
It was cute. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
Animal Magnetism
3.5 Stars (4 with the animals)

Synopsis
Ex-military turned pilot for hire, Brady Miller has always been a love 'em and leave 'em type until he comes to Sunshine Idaho to visit his foster brothers and encounters Lilah Young, the local kennel owner who suddenly has him questioning his choices in life.

Review
Great characters, cute animals and an intense romance but no plot to speak of.

Although Brady and Lilah have smoldering chemistry and excellent banter, their romance is predictable - at least there are no silly misunderstandings or unnecessary angst.

Lilah is an endearing heroine with her love for animals and difficulty accepting help from others. However, while I understand her attachment to the animals that she rescues, her reactions to giving them away to loving homes is definitely over the top.

Brady is a sexy, ex-military pilot with an adrenaline addiction but he is obviously at a crossroads and looking for a place to belong. Seeing him struggle with his growing feelings for Lilah is one of the best aspects of the book.

The small town dynamics are great and the secondary characters very engaging although their quirkiness quota could have been a tad higher.

Overall, a light and easy read that will have you smiling at the animal antics (which garner this an extra 0.5 star). Dell and Jade's books is next and there is obviously something very intriguing going on with them - love their snarky sarcasm. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
This the first rime I read jill shalvis.... and I had a bit of a time getting used to her writing style cause she uses. Periods. a lot. Sometimes it felt like just a bunch of scenes placed in event order but not really strung together, just reasons to put the h/H in the same place. Some cheesy lines some lines that made me chuckle aloud and some great lines that could have been put to better use but great all the same. Not really feeling the chemistry between the two leads, more just how obsessed about looks they both are. Hot. God he/she is HOT. .. Then half way the sex began... and frequented too often for my tastes. So I tried to skim along but it was just a bunch of silly lines I kept seeing. So I quit. ...

I do subscribe to Jill Shalvis' FB page and I find her witty and fun to read so I really hoped I would enjoy her books... I will try her again.. perhaps this was just not a great one for me. ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
You know, I get tired of writing superlatives about this woman's books.

I love how quirky Lilah is. And of course who can resist a "badass" hero?

As I started reading this book, I realized in the first chapter some of the things that draw me into the story. The strong sense of place, the grounding in who the characters are. In the first chapter.

Heat, humor and heart. Guaranteed in every Jill Shalvis book. This one is no exception. Loved it. ( )
  Karla.Brandenburg | Dec 12, 2017 |

Jill Shalvisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Shalvis, JillAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
White, KarenReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,371,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible