Just Right: The Bradfords book one by Erin…

Just Right: The Bradfords book one (edition 2017)

by Erin Nicholas (Author)

Member:JenniWindsor
Title:Just Right: The Bradfords book one
Authors:Erin Nicholas (Author)
Info:EN Fiction, Inc (2017), 274 pages

Just Right (The Bradfords) by Erin Nicholas

This is Jessica (Sam's sister) and Ben's story. I liked it but I thought Just Like That was stronger. ( )
  Kaetrin | Aug 13, 2012 |
Okay, so what do you do if you have the hots for a certain nurse in your ER department, really simple. Punch a patient, get suspended, drown your sorrows in a bar and have her brother send her to pick you up. Now all thats left is for you to seduce her. Not bad, huh.Thats not exactly how the story takes place, yes all those incidents do take place but not because Dr. Torres or simply Ben willed them to. No, all of this takes place because life finally catches up with him and he realises he wants better things in life, better than saving the lives of reckless people who continue to endanger their own and others and lives as well. Jessica on the other hand wants everything to be perfect. She wants to make Ben realise that when he saves lives he becomes a hero and thats what she loves about him and what people love about him. They are forever grateful to him. But she needs healing as well and throughout the whole story these two characters heal each other in small but effective ways without even realising them.Both characters carry baggage that leaves them unhappy and pondering of what could have been. But all they need is each other and with each other they find true happiness and love.I really enjoyed reading this book. It was an e-Book which actually delayed my finishing the book faster. Recommended to all those who want a quick read and want to relax with some HOT scenes.Content: 16 Profanities: manyGeneral opinion: the cover is amazing and the book is really nice ( )
  novellavialli | Sep 7, 2011 |
Jessica is an ER nurse with a major crush on the handsome Dr. Ben Torres. However, he's never so much as given her a second glance...that she's noticed, anyway. Then one day, Ben's anger erupts while treating a drunken driver whose injuries are minor comared to the children dying in the next room. He punches the patient, then grabs the nurse on duty--Jessica--and plants a passionate kiss on her. The conservative, prim and proper nurse is stunned, but so is Dr. Torres. He never expected her to react to his kiss. Now he can't stop thinking about her. To complicate matters, the hospital has asked Jessica to keep an eye on the volatile doctor and make sure he stays out of trouble during the remainder of his suspension. Little does she know that keeping Ben out of trouble means putting herself in more trouble than she ever imagined.

If you don't delve too far below the surface, it's enjoyable enough. However, don't expect a riveting plot, interesting minor characters, or a suspenseful conflict. Come to think of it, there is no conflict. Ben doesn't want to return to the ER, and Jessica's been tasked with making sure he resumes his position as a trauma surgeon, but that's neither suspenseful nor complicated. The characters are typical, not multi-dimensional or relatable at all. Ben is the classic bad boy--handsome, sexy, charming, and in-control--but he has a sensitive side as well (of course). Jessica's goody two-shoes behavior is a front to hide the rebellious bad girl she used to be long ago--a side that she's more than willing to show Ben. At no point did either Ben or Jessica do something that surprised me, and that kept me from liking them too much.

I will praise the author for some surprisingly witty, albeit rauncy dialogue between Jessica and Ben. Innuendos abound as they shamelessly flirt with each other. I also like that they don't immediately hop into bed with each other. It is what it is, which is a fun, steamy romance. ( )
  halo776 | Jun 8, 2011 |
www.breesabookworm.com

I don't even know why this book was in my "To Read" category on my Kindle. All I can think is that I must have gotten it for free at one point from Amazon. I don't generally read books like this, lol, but I guess one every now and then can't hurt. :)

There's not much you can say about this book, except for the obvious. It's a sexy romance. They don't actually have sex until like 2/3 of the way through, but somehow manage to mostly think about it through the majority of the book. So much sexual tension!

I loved the beginning and how he just grabbed her right there in the ER and laid a big one on her. Of course you'll know what I'm talking about when you read it! :)

This is the first book in a trilogy of the Brafords, all siblings. Here's the blurb:

To save one good man, she’ll have to let her inner bad girl out to play…

ER nurse Jessica Bradford is a good girl. Okay, a reformed bad girl, but she’s done her late father proud. Now she’s one step away from landing Dr. Perfect, aka handsome, sexy, heroic Ben Torres—the hot fudge and cherry on top of her hard work scooping out a respectable life.

Ben learned the art of sacrifice from his missionary parents, but when a drunk driver he saved kills three people, he quits. To be precise, the fist he plants in the man’s face gets him suspended. And the first dish he wants on his newly empty plate is Jessica—preferably naked.

Jessica can’t believe the Ben she’s found drowning his sorrows in a bar is her knight in shining scrubs. And he won’t be pried loose until she bets 48 hours of her time in a game of pool. She loses. And the next morning she stands to lose much more.

The Chief of Staff’s recommendation for the promotion she’s been after rides on her ability to keep Ben out of trouble until things blow over.

Except “trouble” is all Ben wants. And despite herself, Jessica finds that she’s more than willing to go down with him…

Warning: Contains hot love in a store dressing room and in the front seat of a car—at the expense of a very nice strawberry patch, unfortunately—oh, and hooker boots. Can’t forget the hooker boots.

That's basically the book in a nutshell. Have fun! Cause it will basically mush your brain. :) The writing was good, I'd never read anything by Erin Nicholas before. I am going to read the next books in this series as they come out, because I definitely enjoyed the characters of the siblings, Sam and Sara. Well, Sam more so than Sara. I also felt that even though some of the situations were a bit over the top and ridiculous, the thought process and the back story of both characters was good.

This book is written in third person from both the male and female perspectives. ( )
  trueturquoise | Apr 15, 2011 |
I wanted to like this book, I really did.
I suppose part of my problem was that I wanted Grey's Anatomy or ER in book form... and to some extent, that was accomplished.
Jessica is the no-nonsense ER nurse, who can take charge of any situation. So when the star surgeon, Ben, throws a temper tantrum, she's the one chosen to "babysit" him. They both struggle with guilt from their past, and their mutual attraction.
However, I found there were parts that I guess I'm too prudish for... there were two sex scenes that made me almost sick to my stomach- both in public places. I know it's fiction, but I just don't go for that.
There were also lots of general vagueness that frustrated me. Ben grew up in Africa as a missionary's child, and returns there as a doctor. There were lots of mentions of Africa, but for something so important to the character, you would expect something more specific. The minor characters were also so stereotypical and ill-defined that it made me want to scream.
It came off as a little preachy, where everyone learns there lesson and they become better people for it.

In perfect honesty, it was enough to make me not want to read her other books. ( )
  Radella | Feb 8, 2011 |

r. Ben Torres, better-than-a-Boy-Scout, surgeon extraordinaire, has been interested in ER nurse Jessica Bradford—and her bright red peek-a-boo thong—for a long time now. But punching a patient in the nose—and the subsequent suspension—is probably not the best way to get on her good side.

Or is it?

Jessica is one step away from the big promotion she’s worked for all her professional life, and now everything rides on her ability to keep Dr. Perfect—aka handsome, heroic Ben—on a short leash until the potential lawsuit blows over. And to keep her raging crush on him under wraps.

First order of business is to pry her knight in shining scrubs’ perfect ass off a bar stool. Except he refuses to move until she agrees to—and then loses—a bet for 48 hours of her undivided attention.

It’s all downhill from there. And despite herself, Jessica can’t help but give in to the temptation to go down with him…

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,652,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible