Everlasting: A Novel (The Immortals, 6) by…

Everlasting: A Novel (The Immortals, 6) (edition 2013)

by Alyson Noel (Author)

Series: The Immortals (6)

Ever and Damen have spent centuries facing down bitter rivals, jealous friends, and their own worst fears in the hope of being together forever, but something threatens to tear them apart.
Member:MissMyers
Title:Everlasting: A Novel (The Immortals, 6)
Authors:Alyson Noel (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2013), Edition: First, 352 pages

Work Information

Everlasting by Alyson Noël

I read all of these books, and while I really liked them at first, I gradually grew to dislike them more and more. I find Noel's passive voice writing style SO distracting that I end up fixing her wording in my head while I read. There are only so many -ing words that I can handle before I start to go nuts. How did this get past her editor? This is something I teach my middle schoolers not to do!

I liked the central plot- the characters were interesting, and the alchemy take on the immortal thing was nice.

Why, though, would she make immortality seem scientific only to then allow the characters to conjure up BMWs from thin air?

And the biggest problem, in my opinion, is the fact that there is so much in this book (and the series) that younger readers would love... and then Damen and Ever have scenes worthy of a Harlequin. Four times? Really? She's seventeen.

The last thing I need to get off my chest just totally floored me while I was reading. I really want anyone reading this to turn to page 263. This is a scene where Ever is trying to get her sister, Sabine, to accept her for who she is. She says things like, "Your tendency toward self-righteousness and bullheadedness, your penchant for shunning me instead of trying to understand me, well, it scares me just as much as my display of immortal party tricks just scared you." Seriously. She's seventeen! I have two master's degrees, and I don't even talk like that!

kweber319 | May 13, 2019 |
I just want to say that when it comes to like a book that involves destiny, and how things come full circle, this would with out a doubt be my favorite. There was always something about the series that would frustrate me. Usually Ever annoyed me. But in this case, she has grown, she has such a deep knowledge and understand for how the world works, that it's like seeing a truly remarkable woman. I was SO happy with the ending. Not going to say what happens, but it (to me) was worth it to make it to the end of the series. It was a short easy read, and yet it had a lot going on. I loved the "trials" that Ever has to go through. I would say that if I was going to give this series to someone to read, I would tell them they HAVE to read all of it. I wanted to give up, but I'm so happy that I didn't. ( )
  RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
I was surprised at how much I liked this series. I read through the whole series really quickly and loved the twists and turns the author took. I loved all of Ever's flaws and her conviction about doing what she felt was right regardless of whether Damen wanted to follow. I would like more books about the mortal life Ever and Damen and their friends. ( )
  EdenSteffey | Mar 14, 2018 |
[b:Evermore|3975774|Evermore (The Immortals, #1)|Alyson Noel|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1362336360s/3975774.jpg|4021549] me gustó. [b:Blue Moon|6134826|Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)|Alyson Noel|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1362336365s/6134826.jpg|6313389] me pareció tristemente malo, pero debido a que el primero me había gustado decidí darle una nueva oportunidad a esta serie y leer [b:Shadowland|6581511|Shadowland (The Immortals, #3)|Alyson Noel|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1362336374s/6581511.jpg|7253963]. Fue una muy mala idea. Sin embargo, soy una persona muy curiosa y algo masoquista, y decidí saltarme algunos libros (no tan masoquista como para leerlos todos) y simplemente leer el final. Y, nuevamente: fue una muy mala idea.

Esta serie va en picada. Comienza con una historia con potencial y termina convertido en un "no puedo creer que perdí mi tiempo en esto".

Mi opinión al respecto: SÁLVENSE. NO LEAN ESTO SI PUEDEN EVITARLO.
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
Glad it's finally over, but I did not like it much. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,994,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible