Shock Wave by John Sandford

Shock Wave

by John Sandford

Series: Virgil Flowers (5)

Another Virgil Flowers novel. 'nuf said. ( )
  jefware | Sep 27, 2018 |
Virgil is dealing with a bomber that does not want a Walmart type store in their small town. ( )
  pgabj | Apr 23, 2018 |
I didn't realize until I'd gotten this home from the library that I'd read this before. Luckily, John Sandford's Virgil Flowers books are worth re-reading. For the life of me, the ending of this one totally surprised me. Could it be that I somehow didn't finish the book the first time around? ( )
  dickmanikowski | Nov 12, 2016 |
Synopsis: Virgil is called in when it appears that a bombing of an executive's office in the city is tied to the bombing of one of his businesses in a rural town, but there are no discernible perpetrators in the two settings. As he investigates, Virgil finds that this little town has its share of infidelity, greed, and crazies that could account for the bombings. However, when his boat is blown up, Virgil takes this personally.
Review: As usual, stories about Virgil are fun to read. He seems to be the character Sandford enjoys writing because of the situations that arise in the books. This one ends with the readers saying, 'Poor Virgil', since he seems to be the butt of one long joke. ( )
  DrLed | Oct 16, 2016 |
I never get tired of John Sanford's books. They're great to read and lots of fun on audio. This was my "running errands" audio and it made errands a real pleasure. This is another Virgil Flowers book and I have to admit that Virgil is really starting to grow on me. Of course, Lucas Davenport is still my favorite but Virgil is getting closer with each new book! This book is about a large store being built in a small town. There are a lot of people that don't want that to happen and when bombs start going off, first at the PyeMart headquarters, then at the building site, Lucas sends Virgil into the fray to figure it out. As always, loved it! ( )
  Dianekeenoy | Sep 18, 2016 |

John Sandfordprimary authorall editionscalculated
Conger, EricNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
From the boardroom windows, high atop the Pye Pinnacle, you could see almost nothing for a very long way.

Two different factions fight to prevent the building of a superstore in their Minnesota river town: the enviromentalists, who predict ecological disaster, and the local merchants, who fear the impact it will have on their businesses. When the protestors have little effect on the plans, someone decides to take matters into their own hands, setting off two bombs. Now, Virgil Flowers must find the person responsible.

When protests about a superstore chain's plans to build a location in a Minnesota river town escalate into bombing attacks at the construction site and the company's headquarters, Virgil Flowers races against time to find and stop the bomber.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,319,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible