Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (2)

2,1781632,982 ()63
Recently added byCK31, soitgoes5, PG14, readergirliz, private library, lucyfort, Ocelyn12, BespokeLibrarian, ohkamikaze

English (159)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (163)
This book was definitely better than the first. This book has adventure and keeps you wanting to read more. The characters actually have things to do, which is what I believe lacked in the first book. For me, the books progressively got better so I hope the next one doesn't disappoint. ( )
  JosP | Jan 26, 2015 |
An amazing book, a great 2 to the matched book witch was one of the best books I ever read similar to the book Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
so if you like his books you should read this series for sure ( )
  hannah7248 | Jan 21, 2015 |
READ IN ENGLISH

I had some mixed feeling about the first book, Matched, but the ending was very open and very few questions were answered so I decided to give this book a try.

It felt as if nothing happened in this book. There's talk about art and a lot of - forbidden- poetry, there's talk about rebellion. There's that stupid love triangle again, getting more complex throughout the book. It's basically just people in search for each other, love and a rebellion.

And Vick, the only character I actually like in this series, gets killed, for no particular reason at all, it appears.

Now, I'm not sure. I always like to finish my series, and it's not so bad that I don't want to know how it's going to end. But I'm not overfilled with excitement to start reading Reached, what if it's turns out to be more of the same? ( )
  Floratina | Jan 4, 2015 |
As is typical with trilogies, I found this 2nd book more of a transition between the first and final books (the final of which isn't yet released). Wasn't as compelling on its own, but added to the characters' depth and story background. ( )
  asawyer | Dec 30, 2014 |
If there were halves I might have given 3 1/2 but I plan to read the third so I allowed it a 4. I think I see where it's going, and it asked as many questions as it answered for me. I did like being out of the sterile world of Matched, and getting more insight into Ky's world. If it wasn't a trilogy I would have thought less of it because it really needs the 3rd book to make it complete. ( )
  Karyn_Ainsworth | Dec 29, 2014 |

Ally Condieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Riccobono, JackNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simses, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ian who looked up and started to climb
I'm standing in a river. It's blue. Dark blue. Reflecting the color of the evening sky. I don't move. The river does. It pushed against me and hisses through the grass at the water's edge.

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Seventeen-year-old Cassia sacrifices everything and heads to the Outer Provinces in search of Ky, where she is confronted with shocking revelations about Society and the promise of rebellion.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141333065, 014134010X

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,686,039 books! | Top bar: Always visible