Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (2)

English (172)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (177)
I was a little dissapointed in this one after "Matched". I felt like it took a really long time for the main characters to connect and I really disliked the ending. It felt very much like the end of "Hunger Games" with the rebellion being very much like those already in power. Hopefully the third one will be able to bring everything full circle. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
Cassia was sent to a temporary jail camp and Ky is sent to a fake village to confuse the Society's enemy. Now bolt run away to see each other, both bringing someone with them .Cassia brings a girl named Indie and Ky brings Eli. On the was they intersect paths and find secrets about the society like the would not keep Ky's DNA to revive him one day like everyone else in the society. Now Ky and Cassia join the rising, A rebelling force to The Society. Cassia is sent to be a spy in the Society and Ky is sent on a classified mission.(P.S. Eli dies.) Cassia and Ky learn more about each other but are now separated again.

I thought this book was average because in some parts it bored me and it was most exiting at the last 50 pages. This book brought more depth on Ky and his background and his parents death. I still did not see an Officials point of view. I also think Ky is getting an interest in Indie because he describes her beauty with detail. On a side note I see that the glass bubble on the cover may represent her comfort zone because in this book she went through a lot of hardship but stayed strong . ( )
  JackiF.B4 | Jan 20, 2016 |
I was expecting amazing things from this book because I loved Matched. I was disappointed, the characters were there but the writing wasn't. It thought it was slow, repetitive, and I just couldn't get into it. I tried but, just couldn't. I will probably not read the next book in the series but I will forever adore Matched.

Try these other reviews for a different opinion:
Should Be Reading
Anna Reads
Read.Breathe.Relax ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Crossed is the second installment of Condie's "Matched" trilogy; I won't say it's a bad book because there are many beautiful sentences to be found, but that's all of the merit I could see in this book. It's a typical #2 place holder - I imagine the last book will be jam-packed with action. If you haven't started reading the trilogy yet, I would recommend you wait for all books to be released. This book referenced a lot of what happened in book one without giving you the necessary context; as a result, I was left in the dark during a lot of flashback scenes, despite having just read the book in June. There is also a lot of poetry-quoting in this book, which I interpreted to be more "filler." I wish the author would have used that space for her own words and given us some plot to propel the book forward, instead of just providing a lot of story with no action. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Nov 4, 2015 |
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the 1st and the ending was sort of anticlimactic BUT I still really like the world and the mysteriousness of the character groups. :) Can't wait for the third! ( )
  kirako | Oct 16, 2015 |

Ally Condieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Riccobono, JackNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simses, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ian who looked up and started to climb
I'm standing in a river. It's blue. Dark blue. Reflecting the color of the evening sky. I don't move. The river does. It pushed against me and hisses through the grass at the water's edge.

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Seventeen-year-old Cassia sacrifices everything and heads to the Outer Provinces in search of Ky, where she is confronted with shocking revelations about Society and the promise of rebellion.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141333065, 014134010X

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,163,604 books! | Top bar: Always visible