Crossed by Ally Condie

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (2)

English (170)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (175)
I was expecting amazing things from this book because I loved Matched. I was disappointed, the characters were there but the writing wasn't. It thought it was slow, repetitive, and I just couldn't get into it. I tried but, just couldn't. I will probably not read the next book in the series but I will forever adore Matched.

Try these other reviews for a different opinion:
Should Be Reading
Anna Reads
Read.Breathe.Relax ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Crossed is the second installment of Condie's "Matched" trilogy; I won't say it's a bad book because there are many beautiful sentences to be found, but that's all of the merit I could see in this book. It's a typical #2 place holder - I imagine the last book will be jam-packed with action. If you haven't started reading the trilogy yet, I would recommend you wait for all books to be released. This book referenced a lot of what happened in book one without giving you the necessary context; as a result, I was left in the dark during a lot of flashback scenes, despite having just read the book in June. There is also a lot of poetry-quoting in this book, which I interpreted to be more "filler." I wish the author would have used that space for her own words and given us some plot to propel the book forward, instead of just providing a lot of story with no action. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Nov 4, 2015 |
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the 1st and the ending was sort of anticlimactic BUT I still really like the world and the mysteriousness of the character groups. :) Can't wait for the third! ( )
  kirako | Oct 16, 2015 |
terribe. just terrible. i read the first one and half of the second one and i just cant get into it. will not finish the series ( )
  sassybrunette | Oct 12, 2015 |
I decided to give the sequel to "Matched" a try. After all it was an interesting premise and I was hoping for some signs of character growth. Instead, this book was slow and tedious. It wasn't very excited and seemed to drag on and on. Needless to say, I won't be picking up the third book in the series. ( )
  JanaRose1 | Sep 17, 2015 |

Ally Condieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Riccobono, JackNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simses, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ian who looked up and started to climb
I'm standing in a river. It's blue. Dark blue. Reflecting the color of the evening sky. I don't move. The river does. It pushed against me and hisses through the grass at the water's edge.

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Seventeen-year-old Cassia sacrifices everything and heads to the Outer Provinces in search of Ky, where she is confronted with shocking revelations about Society and the promise of rebellion.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141333065, 014134010X

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,850,482 books! | Top bar: Always visible