Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (2)

2,8791932,007 (3.45)65

English (187)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Danish (1)  All (192)
Ky is taken away one morning to go to war. Everyone one knows that that is a sentence to death, since no one lives there for more then a few days. Cassia decides to go after him. She sneaks on an airship with the abberations on their way to war. On the ship, she meets a girl named Indie.Once at the site, the people tell her that Ky had escaped. Together with Indie Cassia escapes the war, to go look for Ky. They look for days, wandering through cliffs. After a few weeks they finally find him. He is together with a little boy named Eli. They are happy to see eachother, but do't know what to do next. They decide to join the Rising, which is a group of people that don't agree with the society and want to throw it down. They meet a farmer named Hunter who says he can help them. He brigs them to the Rising. There they are all assigned positions. Cassia is sent back to the society to help the Rising from the inside but Indie, Ky, and Eli have to stay there.

This book was filled full of action and romance. I would have never thought that they would end up finding each other, but somehow they did. I was really sad that they had to be separated at the end though. I hope they will be brought back together, in the next book! ( )
  aivas.G1 | May 18, 2017 |
** spoiler alert ** This book read like a school report trying to get to the required number of pages. The first book was like this as well. Everything had some alternate meaning to her love for Ky. Oh look a rock, it reminds me of how much I love Ky and how I still know nothing about him but can't live without him.

It was also very predictable with out of place foreshadowing. Some parts seems like they didn't fit but the author wanted to add to the plot. I have my doubts that this will be explained in the third book.

I would have given it a single star but it did have some interesting points and it was a fast read.

I plan to read the third book in hopes to find answers to my questions but my expectations are very low. ( )
  akdickens | Apr 7, 2017 |
Filler. That is all. ( )
  Kaytron | Feb 28, 2017 |
Cassie and Ky have been sent to the outer provinces. Cassie in her search for Ky and Ky as punishment for their relationship. There they reunite with a small band of friends and travel on foot along the great canyon. There they find evidence of a small abandoned farming community, and tales of the larger rebellion. Everyone must choose the way they want to go to bring down the Society. ( )
  librarykel604 | Jan 17, 2017 |
I put this book down long ago, I think it's pretty clear now that I'm never going to finish it at all. I wanted to like it, and I tried to read it, but it really doesn't live up to the first one, which was pretty good. ( )
  cybercarotte | Nov 23, 2016 |

Ally Condieprimary authorall editionscalculated
Riccobono, JackNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simses, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ian who looked up and started to climb
I'm standing in a river. It's blue. Dark blue. Reflecting the color of the evening sky. I don't move. The river does. It pushed against me and hisses through the grass at the water's edge.

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Seventeen-year-old Cassia sacrifices everything and heads to the Outer Provinces in search of Ky, where she is confronted with shocking revelations about Society and the promise of rebellion.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141333065, 014134010X

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,445,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible