Crossed by Ally Condie

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (2)

2,7351912,151 (3.45)65

English (186)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (191)
Good book - my only complaint is that it seemed that the author tried to hard to make certain paragraphs and sections of the book sound like "poetry" - so "romantic" comparison to the wind, moon, sun, grass, etc. etc. etc.... It was a bit difficult to follow the correlations she was trying to make.... But once I pulled those sections out of my head, I like the story much better. Overall a GREAT read. ( )
  Bubamdk | Sep 9, 2016 |
This is a good middle book. It reveals some background information and gets the characters closer to where they want to be. I'm listening to the audiobook and this time the narration switches between Cassia and Ky. I'm looking forward to book 3. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
The main characters are on the run ... How did this manage to be such a slow read? I expected a frantic, erratic, harried read, but I found myself bored and wading through verbal mud to crawl to the finish.
I expected so much more after the first novel. How did this happen? ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Did not like this one nearly as much as the first one. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |

I had some mixed feeling about the first book, Matched, but the ending was very open and very few questions were answered so I decided to give this book a try.

It felt as if nothing happened in this book. There's talk about art and a lot of - forbidden- poetry, there's talk about rebellion. There's that stupid love triangle again, getting more complex throughout the book. It's basically just people in search for each other, love and a rebellion.

And Vick, the only character I actually like in this series, gets killed, for no particular reason at all, it appears.

Now, I'm not sure. I always like to finish my series, and it's not so bad that I don't want to know how it's going to end. But I'm not overfilled with excitement to start reading Reached, what if it's turns out to be more of the same? ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |

Ally Condieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Riccobono, JackNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simses, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ian who looked up and started to climb
I'm standing in a river. It's blue. Dark blue. Reflecting the color of the evening sky. I don't move. The river does. It pushed against me and hisses through the grass at the water's edge.

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Seventeen-year-old Cassia sacrifices everything and heads to the Outer Provinces in search of Ky, where she is confronted with shocking revelations about Society and the promise of rebellion.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141333065, 014134010X

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,713,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible