The Calling

by Kelley Armstrong

Series: Darkness Rising (Armstrong) (2), Otherworld (5)

Maya and her friends--all of whom have supernatural powers--have been kidnapped after fleeing from a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set, and after a terrifying helicopter crash they find themselves pursued by evil-doers in the Vancouver Island wilderness.

decent obviously a filler book to stretch this to a trilogy. on to the finale!!!!! ( )
  LoisSusan | Dec 10, 2020 |
My reviews and ratings were lost for this book, so it won't be as detailed as before.

This book picks up right where book one ended. This book was better than the first one and had more action. I believe the action continues for the whole book and we learn many things about what's going on with the characters, especially Maya.

It ends with you wanting to read more and wanting to see the how this is all going to come together in the third book. I remember trying to get the 3rd book as fast as I can after reading this. I wanted to see how it was going to end.

I would recommend this series to everybody, the author has a way with building worlds and characters. ( )
  payday1999 | Dec 8, 2020 |
i enjoyed it. Thumbs up kelley ( )
  DigitalKB | Apr 13, 2020 |
Maya Delaney's paw-print birthmark is the mark of what she truly is - a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly everyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it's only a matter of time before she's able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents.
Now Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they're kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home. ( )
  Gmomaj | Sep 3, 2019 |
You know what? This series is so much better than I thought it would be. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |

Kelley Armstrongprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fitzsimmons, ErinCover design & typographysecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ikeda, JenniferNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schechter, CarrieCover photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Julia
I don't know who was more anxious - Daniel or Kenjii - but they weren't making this emergency helicopter evacuation any easier.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,209,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible