Joni by Joni Eareckson

Joni (original 1976; edition 1978)

by Joni Eareckson, Joe Musser (Assistant)

Series: Joni (1)

Member:souloftherose
Title:Joni
Authors:Joni Eareckson
Other authors:Joe Musser (Assistant)
Info:Pickering & Inglis (1978), Paperback, 208 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Christianity, Autobiography, Wrong cover, Published: 1976

Joni by Joni Eareckson Tada (1976)

Recently added byStLuke, Bethel_Baptist, fredcarbunkle, private library, thibdeb, LBA-Library, RRBCHlibrary

A great testimonie of a young christian who though went though a terrible accident and disabltie in her life still believed and prayed to God. ( )
  hallam | Apr 9, 2008 |
This is story has stood the test of time, and so has the person. Joni was an ordinary teenager who went through some extraordinary circumstances. This story tells of her swimming accident that left her a quadraplegic and of the years that followed of how she and those around her coped with her handicap. It is a moving story that has a moving ending, but if you have followed the life of Joni, the story still hasn't ended and it continues to get more surprising. ( )
  taterzngravy | Jan 29, 2007 |
Inspiring, heart warming, heart wrenching, truely unforgettable story of Joni Eareksons fight to recover from a diving accident at the age of 16 that left her paralised. The physical struggle to health is told along side Jonis' life and relationship with God.
This really is one book that once read you will never forget. ( )
  susan139 | Aug 21, 2006 |

Joni Eareckson Tadaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Musser, Joesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
"We are handicapped on all sides, but we are never frustrated; we are puzzled, but never in despair. We are persecuted, but we never have to stand it alone: we may be knocked down but we are never knocked out! Every day we experience something of the death of Jesus, so that we may also know the power of the life of Jesus in these bodies of ours... We wish you could see how the more grace God gives, the more thsnksgiving will redound to his glory. This is the reason we never collapse."
-- 2 Cor. 4:8-10, 15, 16, Phillips
To the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ...and lovingly dedicated to mom...through whom He has especially expressed His kindness and love. Through her patient and understanding heart, I have drawn much more than strength.
The hot July sun was setting low in the west and gave the waters of Chesapeake Bay a warm red glow.

The award-winning story of a young woman who triumphed over devastating odds to touch countless lives the world over with the healing message of Christ. Includes photos and illustrations by Joni. In a split second on a hot July afternoon, a diving accident transformed the life of Joni Eareckson Tada forever. She went from being an active young woman to facing every day in a wheelchair. In this unforgettable autobiography, Joni reveals each step of her struggle to accept her disability and discover the meaning of her life. The hard-earned truths she discovers and the special ways God reveals his love are testimonies to faith's triumph over hardship and suffering. The new 25th Anniversary edition of this award-winning story--which has more than 3,000,000 copies in print in over 40 languages--will introduce a new generation of readers to the incredible greatness of God's power and mercy at work in those who fully give their hearts and lives to him. Joni has written an afterword in which she describes the events that have occurred in her life since the book's publication in 1976, including her marriage to Ken Tada and the expansion of her worldwide ministry to families affected by disability. Joni is now available for the first time in an unabridged audio version read by the author.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:28 -0400)

The author describes how her faith in God was challenged after a diving accident left her paralyzed at the age of seventeen.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,229,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible