Toil and Trouble (Jolie Wilkins, #2) by H.…

Toil and Trouble (Jolie Wilkins, #2) (edition 2010)

by H. P. Mallory

1911661,769 (3.95)2
Member:Spurts
Title:Toil and Trouble (Jolie Wilkins, #2)
Authors:H. P. Mallory
Info:Publisher Unknown (2010), ebook, 270 pages
Tags:chick-lit, paranormal, romance, format-nook

Toil and Trouble (Jolie Wilkins, #2) by H.P. Mallory

Fire Burn And Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory (Zumbanista)
    Zumbanista: First book of the Jolie Wilkins Series

Everybody is oversexed here. Distracted by knowing the character of Mercedes was partly begotten from a reader contest, and though the prophetess was already mentioned in the previous book, her role of ending the war and saving everybody seems a little like the end of a Doctor Who episode.

Lots of new age 'the Goddess' and predestination business. hmm. ( )
  mrsrobin | Jun 24, 2017 |
H.P. Mallory has earned a spot on my bookshelf! I can't remember the last time I read a series and couldn't wait to start on the next one, but Jolie the Witch makes me want to keep reading. The story is fun and light, with enough meat on its bones to keep me wondering and rooting for the characters. There are times when the story gets a wee bit corny, but it's all part of the fun. The sex scenes are good, too - and it isn't gratuitous sex. This book makes me feel all happy and romantic and sappy . . . and that's not an easy thing to do! ( )
  LLRobinett | Jan 29, 2017 |
Book description at goodreads accurate description of plot. I downloaded this book immediately after reading the first in series ([b:Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble|8542839|Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins #1)|H.P. Mallory|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1329352960s/8542839.jpg|13410545]) and, surprisingly, liked it even better. I liked the Jolie character right away; but, this one upped the ante as far as the storyline, plot development, and even the romance arena were concerned. Really not much to be said without spoilers. Looking forward to 3rd book in series. ( )
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
Received from Author and bought on Amazon (yes folks I liked it that much)!

(Tara from 25 hour books loved it too! Check out her Review)

What I Loved: Toil and Trouble really is Jolie's life in a nutshell! I really can't write much without giving it away so this will be a general review. This book rocked the house in a fun, spunky kind of way. I liked the first one (gave it a 3) but all those little things that were missing from it are in this one in spades. Jolie, bless her little wiccan heart, is just as much of a beautiful mess as she was in the first one. She gets into bigger trouble, her romances are more tangled than ever, and she does a great job of keeping it together even though you know she just wants to fall apart. I love the men of the book and yes I am talking about the two biggies: Rand and Sinjin. I liked the roles they played and I think they were both essential to the building of Jolie's character and giving her the "umph" she needed. The time "warp" is my favorite part of the book and I think gives you essential information for the series. Everything just meshes together very well and you can't turn the page fast enough to see what is going to happen.

What I Liked: Pretty much all the world building, secondary character building, and plot pacing. The actual nuts and bolts of the book were done really well!

Complaints: None

Why I gave it a 4: This book I will read again as I am sure I missed some things because it was packed with information. It was a really good read.

Who I would recommend it too: UF fans and maybe PNR if you can handle the two guys aspect. I would say read the first one before this one though, you might be a little lost of you don't.

Author Website: http://www.urbanfantasynovels.com/

Other books in this series:
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble
Toil and Trouble
  thehistorychic | Apr 3, 2013 |
Review to come... ( )
  Soireb | Mar 30, 2013 |

The Underworld in civil war.
The cause? A witch who can reanimate the dead.
A sexy as sin vampire determined to claim her.
An infuriatingly handsome warlock torn between duty and love.
Who says blonds have more fun?

After defending herself against fairy magic, Jolie Wilkins wakes to find her world turned upside down—the creatures of the Underworld on the precipice of war. The Underworld is polarized in a battle of witch against witch, creature against creature, led by the villainous Bella, who would be Queen.

While Jolie has one goal in mind, to stake the vampire, Ryder, who nearly killed her, she also must choose between the affections of her warlock employer, Rand, and the mysteriously sexy vampire, Sinjin. And as if that weren’t enough to ruin a girl’s day, everything Jolie knows will be turned inside out when she’s thrust into the shock of a lifetime.

After defending herself against fairy magic, Jolie Wilkins wakes to find her world turned upside down -- the creatures of the Underworld on the precipice of war. The Underworld is polarized in a battle of witch against witch, creature against creature, led by the villainous Bella, who would be Queen. While Jolie has one goal in mind -- to stake the vampire, Ryder, who nearly killed her, she also must choose between the affections of her warlock employer, Rand, and the mysteriously sexy vampire, Sinjin. And as if that weren't enough to ruin a girl's day, everything Jolie knows will be turned inside out when she's thrust into the shock of a lifetime.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,548,597 books! | Top bar: Always visible