dismiss

Riptide (Cutter Cay)

by Cherry Adair

Series: Cutter Cay (2)

1207165,890 (3.81)None
Princess Bria Visconti demands the return of the money her brother rashly invested in Cutter Salvage. Treasure hunter Nick Cutter is too reckless, too arrogant--and far too handsome--for his own good. But he can't charm his way out of this one. Bria plans to make Nick pay up even if she has to board his boat, don a wet suit, and dive for the treasure herself... Nick sees Bria as a beautiful but spoiled princess who's never done a day's work in her pampered life. But once they set sail for the dive site, and the legendary fortune in gold the wreck carries, Nick begins to see Bria in a new light. This princess may be out of her depth, but she's ready to take on the hidden danger and excitement a treasure hunt stirs to the surface. Together they must fight unexpected enemies--and reveal their darkest secrets--before they're pulled into a rip current of danger.… (more)

Summary
Princess Bia Visconti, learning about her brothers reckless investments and the financial situation of their small country, she takes a heads on approach and goes after a refund of the money before they lose everything, including a kingdom that has been in their family for generations. She comes to Nick Cutter, the man her brother worked with and is on a salvage operation. She is determined to get the money back so she can save their country. But Nick Cutter, is stubborn and conceited and she will have to work hard to get his cooperation. Nick Cutter, is in the middle of a salvage operation and he is in the middle of a delicate operation to take down terrorist smugglers, which could save lives if he is successful. He can't afford distraction, no matter how beautiful or graceful that distraction may be. But danger threatens them and his crew, and when sudden murders on his crew, the mystery behind them only increases. But the threat is only going to increase, a threat that is out to destroy them all...
The Hero
Nick Cutter, is one of the Cutter brothers, and is as close to them as anyone can be. He considers them to be his closest friends and partners in their business Cutter Salvage. Nick knows diving like its breathing air, Nick and his closest friend, are working together on their latest salvage project. Nick Cutter, is logical and is well nicknames as "spock" for his mannerisms and personality that is very similtar to the fictional character. Nick Cutter is the brother I was most excited to read. After seeing him in the first book, I loved mostly his relationship with his brothers, but I also admired his tenacity and his practical manner. What we see in this story is quite a bit more depth to him, and we see a side of him that we don't see in the first book. A side of him that Bia brings out in him....a man that can be playful and sweet.
The Heroine
Bia, is a princess, but when she was a girl her parents were murdered by terrorists who were after their country, and she barely made it out of there alive. She was raised in the states, by her bodyguard, who was more like a father to her. Bia, the moment learning of her brother's foolish decisions that will cost them everything they have gained recently, she will fight for their country, even if her brother won't see reason. What I really admired about Bia is her determination to save what is left of her family. She is strong willed, passionate, intelligent and driven. She beautiful both on the inner part of herself and on the outside. Her personality was easy to be endeared to, and I loved the way she fights for what she believes in. She has this zest for life that is contagious.
Plot and Story Line
Riptide is the second book in this quartet of brothers. Riptide is Nick's story. In this story, we have quite a bit that happens in this story and I savored every moment that Cherry Adair gives us. The more I read this author, the more I get hooked on her writing style. She has a way of being addicting and I get drawn into the story. I was quite drawn into Undertow from the beginning scene. Where we see how determined each character is, and I loved the way that they interact which was quite amusing. This scene is captivating and draws the reader immediately into the story. We see a intense level of mystery and danger. What I found quite unique, is seeing the plot unravel and reveal some sub plots that you don't expect to find. I felt a thrilling excitement in reading this story and I found myself more and more intrigued and fascinated with each plot development and the depth of characteristics that becomes revealed.

This is a story that was quite addicting, and I love how this author sweeps me away into a story of adventure, danger and passion!!! A STORY OF THRILLS!!
The Cover
What a great cover. I love the sunset backdrop, with the circle of sharks, and it definitely adds a perfect match for this exciting story!!
Overall View
Riptide is a stunning story that connects to the reader. A story packed with intensity, passionate desire and stimulating moments to creature a powerful story of dramatic love. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 26, 2019 |
Riptide by Cherry Adair
1 Stars

Synopsis
Nick Cutter is doing the government a favor by helping them with a group of international diamond smugglers. However, things do not go as planned when Princess Gabriella Visconti comes on board his ship to get her brother's money back. Is she an innocent to be trusted or a spy to be disposed of?

Review
Seriously disappointing - took three attempts to get to the end and only because I'm interested in the next book.

The main characters are completely unlikeable. Nick's coldness is never sexy and he is unnecessarily cruel and malicious at times (particularly toward the end). Even though Bria is not supposed to be a spoiled and uppity princess, she comes across as one nevertheless. While they do have chemistry, it comes across as forced and contrived.

The plot is simply idiotic with far too many things going on and the villain is an absolute caricature. The worst thing about the book, however, is the stilted and cliched writing. Who uses the phrase "girl parts" to describe a woman's genitalia? I'm really surprised at this because Adair's writing is usually much better.

Hopefully, Logan's book will be better. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
For the most part, I liked the romance. The h/h seemed to fit together well.

What I didn't like was how the entire plot is based on the heroine being dumber than a box of hair. Which perhaps is a bit harsh to say, but she's shown being reckless, impulsive and completely incapable of thinking things through, and there's really nothing to counterbalance that.

While I'm not completely opposed to having a dumb heroine (even though it's not my favorite thing), I am opposed to having, as I said, the entire story based on her unending series of poor choices. Because at a certain point, I just wanted the author to give her a Darwin Award and be done with it. ( )
1 vote thewalkinggirl | Apr 24, 2013 |
What I Loved
Another Cutter Brother
I do love it when books follow a set of siblings and each book features the next sibling. These Cutter men are so delicious, ripped, tanned, dark hair and have these amazing blue eyes.
Nick aka Spock: Yes he is nicknamed Spock because he lack of emotions and cool exterior. I personally like him a little more than Zane (the brother from bk 1 Undertow), Zane is a fun guy but I really love the broody type that likes to keep their emotions very controlled. Nick also has some other really amazing talents and he does some undercover work as well too due to his ability to place accents and speak like 6 languages. What a man!!
Bria aka Princess Gabriella: Where Nick is cool Bria is fiery. She is a very fun character a little vixen that is use to getting her way, but she also knows how to kick some ass when she needs too. Not a little whiny princess at all, she can take a few punches and deal with it all.
Romance
Oh Cherry, boy can she write some amazing steamy scenes. These two are amazing for each other and the provide a lot of entertainment with just their interactions with each other.
Action
Along with the bedroom action there is plenty of near death action, bullets flying, rocking falling and blood diamonds.

What I Didn't Like
. . . I still can't think of anything.

Recommendation
Second book in the series of romantic suspense. Must read ( )
  Kr15tina | Feb 28, 2012 |
If you like to read romance that includes some adventure and action then don't miss Riptide! It's book 2 in her Cutter Cay series which is about a family that hunts deep sea treasure from wrecked ships and of course includes a danger element of illegal diamonds being transported on board with bad guys in pursuit and a princess. Who doesn't want to be a princess, at least for a day? I really enjoyed this book and I think you will too if a good romance read with some danger is your forte. ( )
  bookluver40 | Feb 22, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

Trouble.

Cherry Adair is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,913,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible