Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mysteries, Book…

Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mysteries, Book 4) (edition 2006)

by Victoria Laurie (Author)

When her relationship with FBI agent Dutch Rivers skids to a halt, Abby Cooper is fully aware that a wedding isn't the best post-breakup scenario. But when a friend from the Mile High City finds herself short one bridesmaid, it doesn't take a professional psychic to see the opportunity for a much-needed getaway.… (more)
Member:Anne.Hoffman
Title:Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mysteries, Book 4)
Authors:Victoria Laurie (Author)
Info:Berkley (2006), 304 pages

Killer Insight by Victoria Laurie

Elizabeth Michaels
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Very good (I have to confess to almost detracting a star for last page comment from Dutch with "Vegas" in the sentence). More steadily on mystery than first books without Abby's usual appointments. Trip to best friends wedding a good way to fill in some of Abby's backstory but a little convenient and formulaic--not real believable that none of these close-as-family wedding party members heard of in previous books (ok, occasional text/email/mention of Ellie I vaguely remember). Wasn't sure who the bad guy was until last chapters; but, made sense--I blame lack of sleep from too many pre-orders hitting my ereader at once.

Abby character still her usual quirky self and why I am enjoying this series (a good judge of that is that I have pre-ordered the July 2012 release of the new one).

Would have rated higher if Abby had stayed more in character. I mean, it's believable that you do weird things when you breakup with someone; but, the sudden start/stop thing with old crush so out of character for someone who previously took 3 books to get somewhere in the romance department. The seeing connected energy thing if people involved came out of nowhere unless I missed something in first books (that is, a ghostly/foggy image of loved one showing over a person's shoulder--seems like could have simplified everyone's love life including Abby's already). ( )
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
Great twist! ( )
  cougargirl1967 | Sep 19, 2015 |
Good for light vacation reading. Little bit of wedding drama, didn't quite see whodunnit (so I guess I'm no "psychic eye!") ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
Upset when she breaks up with her boyfriend, FBI agent Dutch Rivers, on Valentine's Day, the last thing psychic Abby Cooper wants to do is go to a wedding. But her friend Ellie, who lives in Colorado, needs her - one of her bridesmaids has dropped out of the wedding and gone to California to find her ex-boyfriend. Abby agrees to fill in as bridesmaid, thinking the change will do her good. But Abby's psychic intuition tells her that the missing bridesmaid, Gina, is dead and she works with Ellie's sheriff brother Duffy to find out what happened to her. Unfortunately, the chief suspect seems to be Ellie's fiancé Eddie and it doesn't help that Abby is getting psychic visions of him being in jail. When Gina's body is found and more bridesmaids turn up missing, Abby and Duffy realize that someone is willing to do anything, even murder, to stop Ellie's wedding. Abby continues to help Duffy investigate the case, but she needs to be careful as she is now having visions of her own death.

"Killer Insight" starts off with a bang - literally - and immediately hooks the reader. Abby is a unique heroine, strong-willed and brave (even recklessly going after a suspected kidnapper) yet insecure in her relationship with both Dutch and her cold, uncaring parents. Dutch isn't in the book much, but Duffy is interchangeable with him, so interchangeable in fact, that I sometimes forgot he wasn't Dutch. The other supporting characters are well done, especially Ellie's elderly aunt Viv, a very funny character who has a penchant for filling her large pocketbook with anything she finds - forks and knives from restaurants, soap from restrooms, etc. Abby's sister Cat is a nice character and her young sons are bratty but funny - one of funniest parts of the book is when Abby and Cat are talking bout sex and the boys decide they want to play the "sex game". The psychic elements are well done and believable and author Victoria Laurie does a great job explaining how the psychic mind works from Abby preparing to do a reading to how Abby is able to tell if someone is dead by looking at their picture to how Abby can pick up someone's energy by touching jewelry and other objects. Laurie also has what can only be described as a unique view of death that is also well done. The mystery is well plotted with plenty of suspects and readers will have a hard time figuring out who the murder is.

"Killer Insight" is another winner from Victoria Laurie. ( )
  drebbles | Oct 20, 2012 |
For Alice Johns (Inga Brault) From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for a friendship that saved my life.
As I looked down the black barrel of the .38 pointed directly at my chest, and into the familiar eyes of my killer, all I could think was, I'm a friggin' psychic for Pete's sake!

When a childhood friend of Abby's from Denver finds herself short one bridesmaid, it doesn't take a professional psychic to see the opportunity for a much-needed getaway. But one bridesmaid after the next is mysteriously flying the coop, and Abby's intuition tells her their final destination isn't pretty. With the wedding party falling apart and her gift of sight never quite so foggy, Abby has to save the date - and herself - from becoming the next taffeta-clad target.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,226,055 books! | Top bar: Always visible