Vienna Waltz by Teresa Grant
Europe's elite have gathered at the glittering Congress of Vienna, negotiating the fate of the continent by day and pursuing pleasure by night, until Princess Tatiana, the most beautiful and talked about woman in Vienna, is found murdered during an ill-timed rendezvous with three of her most powerful conquests. Suzanne Rannoch and her new husband, Malcolm, set out to investigate the murder, and a complex dance between husband and wife in the search for the truth ensues.… (more)

A little mystery & romance are wound through this historical fiction novel & I really liked it. It's third in a series & I've not read the two before this one (I've picked a few of late that are the middle of series. I don't know why). I didn't find it to be a problem at all that I hadn't read the two prior & the story flowed nicely. Suzanne & Malcolm Rannoch are very good characters to pass time with & I'll continue at least to the next book as I already have it on my desk waiting for me. They mystery was well done & I was not terribly surprised about who it was that murdered Tatiana but I was surprised about why. I didn't see that coming. What I did see coming from the beginning was the nature of Tatiana & Malcolm's relationship. I don't know if it was telegraphed so much as it just felt like it had to be what it turned out to be because of the way Malcolm was characterized. Still in all, it was very well done. Add to the murder mystery, the glittering society balls, gowns & the backdrop of political intrigue & I was a happy chica. ( )
  anissaannalise | Jan 1, 2014 |
This is a historical mystery with fictional and real characters. The author reveals in the beginning who was real and who was fictional. This is murder mystery where Malcolm and Suzanne set out to find who killed Lady Tatiana. There are many twists to this mystery and I loved the real historical setting and events in which it takes place. Some of what Malcolm and Suzanne find out is surprising but fun. ( )
  Coltfan18 | Oct 5, 2013 |
My business in this state/Made me a looker-on here in Vienna... -Shakespeare, Measure for Measure, Act V, Scene i
Princess Tatiana Kirsanova picked up the tinderbox with fingers that were not quite steady.

[retrieved 8/22/2012 from LOC.gov (Library of Congress)]

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,520,679 books! | Top bar: Always visible