Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles) by Kevin…

Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles) (edition 2011)

by Kevin Hearne (Author)

Member:BubiBalboa
Title:Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles)
Authors:Kevin Hearne (Author)
Info:Del Rey (2011), 320 pages

Hexed by Kevin Hearne

Recently added byrena75, Vulco1, therapite, private library, Miela, DyingUmbrella

English (94)  Polish (1)  German (1)  All languages (96)
3.5 stars ( )
  natcontrary | May 21, 2018 |
As one reviewer pointed out there does seem to be some unconscious sexism here. The female characters tend to either need Atticus's protection, or be kinda evil. Then again, while the male characters tend to be self sufficient, they're not always the most helpful folks in the universe. All that does emphasize how much Atticus is backed into a corner, which lets us see him squirm his way to his goals.

I still have quite the literary crush of the good Druid :) ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
Still liking the series... onward and upward! ( )
  bookczuk | May 14, 2018 |
I liked this one but not as much as the first book in the series. This one really falls somewhere between 3 and 4 stars for me but I have decided to go ahead and round up. I was really excited to get back to the series after enjoying the first book in the series. This is definitely a series that needs to be read in order since this book picks up shortly after the events of the previous installment. This ended up being another enjoyable listen.

One of the things that I loved the most about the first book was the characters. I was really happy to see all of the key players back for this installment in the series. There were a few new characters that were rather impressive as well. I really like Atticus. He is incredibly patient and able to determine the best course of action in most situations. I love that he has adapted to the present time better than most of the other that have lived a very long time. Oberon is such a wonderful character and anytime he was a part of a scene I usually had a big grin on my face.

This book has all of the excitement that I had hoped to see. Atticus has to team with the local witch coven when bad things start happening. Atticus has several problems that he is juggling during the story and somehow he makes it all seem easy. This book balanced the action very nicely against some of the lighter moments in the book.

Luke Daniels continues to do a fantastic job with the narration of this series. He does such a great job with all of the character voices and adds a lot of emotion to story. His portrayal of Oberon is simply outstanding. I couldn't imagine an intelligent Wolfhound sounding any other way. I had not problem listening to this one for hours at a time.

I would recommend this series to others. It is a very unique series that contains the perfect combination of humor, action, and thought provoking mystery. I can't wait to read more of this wonderful series. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | May 9, 2018 |
Still good; I think I'll get along w/Atticus for a while. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |

Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mollica, GeneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my father, who never saw these books in print, but at least left us knowing his son had achieved his dream
Turns out that when you kill a god, people want to talk to you.

Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, doesn’t care much for witches. Still, he’s about to make nice with the local coven by signing a mutually beneficial nonaggression treaty—when suddenly the witch population in modern-day Tempe, Arizona, quadruples overnight. And the new girls are not just bad, they’re badasses with a dark history on the German side of World War II.

With a fallen angel feasting on local high school students, a horde of Bacchants blowing in from Vegas with their special brand of deadly decadence, and a dangerously sexy Celtic goddess of fire vying for his attention, Atticus is having trouble scheduling the witch hunt. But aided by his magical sword, his neighbor’s rocket-propelled grenade launcher, and his vampire attorney, Atticus is ready to sweep the town and show the witchy women they picked the wrong Druid to hex.

Atticus O'Sullivan, last of the Druids, doesn't care much for witches. Still, he's about to make nice with the local coven by signing a mutually beneficial nonaggression treaty when suddenly the witch population in modern-day Tempe, Arizona, quadruples overnight. And the new girls are not just bad, they're badasses with a dark history on the German side of World War II. With a fallen angel feasting on local high school students, a horde of Bacchants blowing in from Vegas with their special brand of deadly decadence, and a dangerously sexy Celtic goddess of fire vying for his attention, Atticus is having trouble scheduling the witch hunt. But aided by his magical sword, his neighbor's rocket-propelled grenade launcher, and his vampire attorney, Atticus is ready to sweep the town and show the witchy women they picked up the wrong Druid to hex.--From back cover.… (more)

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,578,004 books! | Top bar: Always visible