Aliens of Vacation by Clete Barrett Smith

Aliens of Vacation

by Clete Barrett Smith

Other authors: Christian Slade (Illustrator)

Series: Intergalactic Bed & Breakfast (1)

2192575,277 (3.9)1

While a bit contrived, this is a fun read. I think it especially appeals to 'tween SF/F readers. It's more a 3.5 star book. The narration suited the book beautifully. ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
I read this in the fall of 2012 because I'm an elementary librarian and it was a Texas Bluebonnet Award nominee. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the book!! It's very funny! The author is really cool too; I got to meet him at a conference! ( )
  KWadyko | Mar 5, 2018 |
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I know students of various ages will, as well. While it is geared toward a bit younger crowd, I know several high school students who have read and loved it. It is fun, moves quickly, and is an easy read, but it also has some great concepts and themes throughout. This is a good book to give to reluctant readers; it is easy to jump into, and it has enough of everything from family relationships to science fiction to appeal to a wide range of readers. I also think some reluctant boys might relate well to Scrub and his feelings. ( )
  mikeknoth | Jun 30, 2017 |
Cute, but not enough real SF for me.  Also, not much going on, really - it focused on setting up a series... a series that I can tell I'm unlikely to be interested in.  But hey, I'm not the target audience, and I can def. see the appeal to kids who want a light & weird adventure. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Narrated by Joshua Swanson. Families will enjoy this wild caper about a remote Northwest bed and breakfast that caters to...space aliens. Swanson does some creative voicework for the various aliens and the snarling county sheriff bent on uncovering the truth about Grandma's B&B. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |

Smith, Clete BarrettAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Slade, ChristianIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Unhappy at being sent to stay with his grandmother at the inn she operates, The Intergalactic Bed & Breakfast, Scrub discovers that each room is actually a portal to space and the inn's visitors are aliens who are vacationing on Earth.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,013,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible