HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Babe: A Pig in the City (Book and CD)

by Justine Korman, Ron Fontes, Judy Morris

19730122,818 (3.76)1
On a mission to the big City to save his farm, Babe the pig gets separated from his Human, the Boss's Wife, and finds himself among unscrupulous thieves and homeless animals.

While Farmer Hoggett is laid up in casts and unable to work the farm, Mrs. Hoggett receives a visit from the bank. Now--with Babe's help--she must raise enough money to save the farm from foreclosure! In this hilarious story, Babe and Mrs. Hoggett get stranded in the big city on their way to the state fair. That means they won't collect Babe's appearance fee--and the race is on to pay the bank before it's too late. But first Babe and friends must survive in the big city!
  BLTSbraille | Oct 19, 2021 |
Babe is a clever sheep-pig. One day he had to leave the farm for the city.
The chimoanzee said, "Nobady helps anybody". This sentence was impressive for me. Everybady who is in the city is not cold-hearted. But I sometimes feel rural good points. ( )
  d.lury | Nov 3, 2010 |
Babe isn't a sheep-dog but a sheep-pig in the farm.
On day,Babe and his farmer's wife went to a journy.But they separated!
He stood up to some accidents to try to find her.First, Many anmals had some accidend for him but gradually,they became friendly .The end of this is happy.So you can guess the end of this story,can't you?

I have seen the movie about this book. It was fun,exciting,and impessive.Of course,this book,too.
But I couldn't understand this very much because animal's name is so many.I was refused....
I like Babe,the pig because he is cute,loyal,kindly,friendly,cooperative,intelligent,agressive,and so on.
I think thisbook tell us importance of friend,courage.If we have them,we can go to happiness. ( )
  gissa | Oct 22, 2010 |
It's an animal story.
There are many animals in this story.
Especially, I like Babe, a pig.
The farmer's wife and Babe went on a journey.
But they were separated.
Babe cooprated with animals and tried to find her.
He is crever and strong.
I was very impressed with his effort.
So I want to watch movie too. ( )
  milboy | Oct 17, 2010 |
It is contemporary.
The main character is Babe. He is cute and clever pig.
I was interesting his brave.
I watched this movie,so I enjoyed reading this book. ( )
  emichi | Sep 16, 2010 |

Korman, Justineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fontes, Ronmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Morris, Judymain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

Penguin Readers (Level 2)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,816,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible