The World's Greatest Cranks and…

The World's Greatest Cranks and Crackpots (original 1982; edition 1990)

by Margaret Nicholas

Member:MiaCulpa
Title:The World's Greatest Cranks and Crackpots
Authors:Margaret Nicholas
Info:Bounty Books (1990), Paperback, 192 pages
Collections:Once Owned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:English, History, Eccentrics, Humour, Biography, Weird facts, Trivia, $5.00, Read while travelling, Random bookshop

World's Greatest Cranks and Crackpots by Margaret Nicholas (1982)

A collection of vignettes on various eccentrics and mad people. There was little new on all these cranks and crackpots but many of them make good company so I was happy to revisit their eccentricities. ( )
  MiaCulpa | Sep 17, 2020 |
I love these books, popular history with nearly every entry worthy of their own movie. ( )
  bookmarkaussie | Jan 16, 2020 |
I recommend this book when you don't want to get yourself deep into a novel. It's a great book for when you are out and about but feel the need to bring a book along. The stories are short enough that you can read one in a very short time.

I found the stories fascinating, very interesting. ( )
  callmejacx | Jul 15, 2013 |

I found the stories fascinating, very interesting. ( )
  JacxtheBos | Jul 11, 2013 |
True Stories
  Budzul | May 31, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,547,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible